Do I want a Dell 2407 ?

Soldato
I want me a VERY nice 24" screen for use with my PC (XP + Vista when its out) and also my xbox 360.

Now what HD res can I run through the screen from my 360 ? Will it be 1080i as it would be on the BenQ?

How does the screen handle the 360 HD componant output?

ALSO when the HD-DVD drives come out for the 360 can I run HD films through the dell in all there glory ?

Associate
Combat squirrel said:
I want me a VERY nice 24" screen for use with my PC (XP + Vista when its out) and also my xbox 360.

Now what HD res can I run through the screen from my 360 ? Will it be 1080i as it would be on the BenQ?

How does the screen handle the 360 HD componant output?

ALSO when the HD-DVD drives come out for the 360 can I run HD films through the dell in all there glory ?

I have a 360 and this monitor and through component it does 480p, 720p and 1080i. To be honest the quality through componant isn't too good so I use vga wich the quality is exellent.

Microsoft are due to release an update which will allow 1080p which should look even better on this monitor.

Man of Honour
Kreeeee said:
Awesome, can I run a HD movie on my PC via DVI though as I see no difference between this and running a normal game/windows environment. Does 1080P work over VGA?

the DVI interface controller chip from Genesis doesn't handle interlaced signals and so any interlaced HD signal will be scaled accordingly. 1080i is a no go as a result. This is the same over VGA due to the controller. 1080p was thought in theory it might work, but is quite hard to test at the moment due to limited availability of 1080p source and hardware. Some people have tested it and that too gets scaled (which is what Dell said as well). More info here :)

Soldato
OP
Baddass said:
the DVI interface controller chip from Genesis doesn't handle interlaced signals and so any interlaced HD signal will be scaled accordingly. 1080i is a no go as a result. This is the same over VGA due to the controller. 1080p was thought in theory it might work, but is quite hard to test at the moment due to limited availability of 1080p source and hardware. Some people have tested it and that too gets scaled (which is what Dell said as well). More info here :)

Hmm this is worrying, however I can run a 1080i movie then from my 360 hd-dvd drive (when there out), but then everyones also saying I should use the vga connection......which then stops me using 1080i............hummm desicions, why couldnt BenQ of got it right with there 24 " screen ! :mad:

Then as you said I carnt run any HD content higher than 720p over it anyways from my pc.........much suckage, any news of a monitor thats basically the BenQ monitor but with working 1:1 on the horizon ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Kreeeee said:
They are all 720P although I remember reading sssomewhere that PGR3 is lower than 720P and upscaled.

There is a 24" NEC on the way and if it's anything like the 20" model it will be something very special indeed.

REALLY ? whats the probable specs on this said NEC ?

Back
Top Bottom