Do park holidays caravan TV's have an accessible USB or HDMI port to watch your own TV?

Associate
Hi, we are going away for a bit to a park holidays park in one of their caravans
I have been to one of their parks before, but forgot to look the last time.

Just for late night, I was hoping to either have a way to connect a USB stick to watch some episodes.

I could get a fire stick, but not sure if their onside Wi-Fi would be good enough to keep a stable connection?

And if they did have an accessible USB port, do they usually have to be a specific format for the TV to read it?

Has anyone else ever try to do this?
James

All the ones I've been to over the past 3-4 years have had working USB ports.
They tend to fix the TVs flat to the wall, so the ports are not usually very accessible unless you have some long-reach pliers or someone with thin hands and arms, but they do work. I'd suggest getting a short USB extension cable, which also means you'll see it dangling down from the back and so not forget to take the flash drive when you leave.

The TVs are also pretty crap low-end things, so it will take longer than you'd expect to get the drive loaded and ready.
You might want to keep it to 1080p resolution files too, just in case. No fancy 32K über-hi-def editions of anything.

USB stick? It's 2024 not 2004 :p

Just get a Fire stick. Take mine with me whenever I go on holiday, so can just plug in any TV with HDMI and watch whatever I want. So simple.

If the WiFi isn't strong just hotspot your phone.

I've taken a Chromecast with me when travelling and in all cases in the last 5 years or so, home and abroad and glamorous and not-so-much, have been able to stream from Netflix etc with no issues.

I always take my firestick away and never had a problem. Did a short break in Haven down in Poole and it was fine. No Wifi though but it streams fine from my 4/5G hotspotted from my phone.

Gone are the days of locked down TV's, not worth the hassle anymore.

We went on our holiday, and happy to say that the TV in the caravan we were in, was just on a stand in the corner, rather than the wall, so this was really easy to sort.
The ports were at the back, if it was on the wall, I still may have been able to get to the ports as they need so much clearance when mounted, so probably would have been fine :)

Haven Caravan at Weymouth that we stayed in had a very basic tv and a main bedroom that smelt like it had been used as a cannabis den. Quality and layout of the caravans between our group varied massively. We were just unlucky and got a crap caravan in good position, whilst they had good caravans and better tv’s in bad positions.

Back
Top Bottom