Do people not like heated seats?

Associate
I have a 2012 mk7 Fiesta metal, with heated seat, which on a day such as today was switched on from the moment I sat down. Im looking to change in the next 6 months to a 2 year old car (£11k or so), I like the car just want a bit newer so the mk8 fezza seems a good choice and it has a 6 speed gearbox which I feel it needs.

Now I have looked through about 50 cars online and only 2 (non ST models) have heated seats! I thought this might be an expensive option, but no, on a £16k-£20k fiesta the "comfort pack" is £300 for heated seats and steering wheel. Why would you not spec that when so cheap (for the cost of the car) especially in the UK, I might be a pansy but I have mine on 3 months of the year. I would say £300 is a small price to pay so my bottom stays at its optimum temperature! Do people just not like heated seats???

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replys!

My routine on a frosty morning is start engine, turn on heated seat, heated front window, hot blower and then sit with my arms folded waiting for everything to do its job.

With any luck they will bring out a trim level of fiesta that has them as standard, like my "metal" edition. Although that was probably because it was at the end of the mk7 production run and they were trying to use up all the heated seat modules they hadn't managed to sell!

Back
Top Bottom