Do we have an Evo owners thread?

Associate
I see they're bringing another 40 evo X's into the UK as some sort of special anniversary edition.
Would be nice to see some of the new colours over here. I'd wager a few quid they won't bring in any DKR ones though :D

Caporegime
Mine is going to a new home next week, after moving house i just dont have the time or money to get mine back on the road before i head back out to that sandy place again so decided it had to go, it'll be a real shame to see it go, but when i get back this time next year i'll be plowing my hard earned into another, think i'll be hunting for a 8/9 next time.

DSCF1252.jpg

That looks sweet, any more pics and what was wrong with it? I much prefer the old school evo's over the new shape ones!

Soldato
Well in the grand scheme it wasnt anything horrific but it all added up, the engine/turbo was still running sweet.
If i remember correctly when i took it off the road for winter, the ABS went again (think it was another wheel speed sensor), front right suspension top mount knocking, front right CV was making a racket, rear discs and pads needed doing very soon, as did the clutch/flywheel. just didnt make sense to go blowing a load of money when i planned to get rid anyway, i would have never made the money back on what i would have had to spend so i just cut my loses, just meant that i sold it 6 months earlier than i planned.

Still fully intend on getting another next year, at the moment i'm thinking of going for another 6 but something a bit more powerful, with the right mods.
Will just have to see whats available at the time, but i'll be taking my sweet time looking next time.

Soldato
I never launch my cars at all, don't like the power shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd. Usually I would put my foot down to join motorway or occasionally use 2nd gear to pull away quickly.

Back
Top Bottom