Do we have an Evo owners thread?

Soldato
He means you should have bought a IX. :D

Not sure what colour I would have wanted in a 9. Always loved the grey in the 8 and the one I bought had the e9 rear bumper and all carbon skirting so I was pleased. Luck would have it straight after I bought that a black 9 popped up for sale with all carbon extensions and within my price range although I probably would have passed as I really do not want a black car :D

Soldato
You said you don't like to launch your car or the power shift 1st-2nd-3rd.

Go take a drive
Stop at some lights
Engage 1st with the clutch still down
Put your foot to the floor
When revs hit 5000rpm lift the clutch up rapidly
Allow revs to hit 7500rpm
Do a slick change into 2nd
Do a slick change into 3rd
Back off

Then smile and realise why you bought an Evo and not something RWD. ;)

Or continue to not like launching your car and only accelerating down a motorway slip road, and accept that you bought the wrong car :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Not sure what colour I would have wanted in a 9. Always loved the grey in the 8 and the one I bought had the e9 rear bumper and all carbon skirting so I was pleased. Luck would have it straight after I bought that a black 9 popped up for sale with all carbon extensions and within my price range although I probably would have passed as I really do not want a black car :D

IX MR 360 comes in grey IIRC. :)

Soldato
Engage 1st with the clutch still down
Put your foot to the floor
When revs hit 5000rpm lift the clutch up rapidly

Do a slick change into 3rd
Back off

This is not an efficient way to move upwards through the gears :p

Man of Honour
OP
So yeah, ordered F1A2's XL to go on my second set of wheels as a 'poor weather' tyre to run over the winter. TBH, the AD08's will need replacing soon so probably about the right time. Sub £100 as well, happy with that.

Man of Honour
OP
I went to the Nurburgring over the weekend. I put the AD08’s back on for the trip, turned out to be a good move. They were fantastic on track, as was the car. No complaints really apart from the somewhat savage fuel consumption but I guess that’s part and parcel of having a nigh on 400 bhp car.

The brakes have been a little poor since I bought the car, but not really something of great concern. Prior to the trip I fitted some OEM discs along with DS2500 pads but they still weren’t right, so on Saturday morning I had the brake fluid changed at Rent4Ring, much better.

I did 9 or 10 laps in total, first off taking it very easy due to a greasy track and pushing on towards the end. Only recorded two laps, both of which were slow. It’s a bit tricky as you’re not allowed to record there so you have to pull over to one side after entering the track to set it up, something I’m not too fond of doing. Here’s some pics from the weekend taken by various photographers around the place.

IMG_0223.jpg

T3X_0853.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

Man of Honour
Not mine but new in the household.

MY53 Evo VIII FQ-330
Mechanically Standard
Ralliart FSH with lots of bills including 4 new calipers and AYC pump in september.
Came with a full boot build audio system to the value of abour £3000 including the Kenwood DVD/Nav headunit.
63,000 miles

Dealer had it up for £9,495 and Dad paid £9000 after knocking them down as it needs a wheel refurb and a front bumper respray.

BTSFbEh.jpg

R273yBO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom