Do we 'need' to shower/bath everyday?

Soldato
I shower once a day before bed (Unless I get hot and sweaty in bed then I shower in the morning too). I do however only wash my hair every second to third day, otherwise it turns into straw.

I could not go more than two days without a shower though, I feel gross after just one day. I don't understand how people can cope with being smelly, a little BO and I am worried I will stink the room out, but you get people that smell so bad that the room keeps smelling after they leave, they must be able to smell themselves.

Jcb33.

Associate
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an ex-foliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturiser, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturising protective lotion

Not sure if serious....

Or are you female?

EDIT: Just realised this is American Psycho :) I like the irony:)

Soldato
Usually shower once a day, but sometimes I don't bother. Usually when my hair is freshly cut. Ive also taken to showering in the evening to save some time in the morning before work.

Associate
Shower every day in the morning before I go to work.

On Sunday I usually skip the shower in the morning and have one in the evening instead. Not sure why, because I have a shower on Monday morning so it'd make more sense to have a shower on Sunday morning like every other day, never mind.

Soldato
The people falling for Bateman's daily routine is pleasing. It shows there's life in the old joke yet. :D

Any way, back to the matter at hand.... I shower every morning, though I did indulge a second time this afternoon, after getting back from the gym.

I have a reservation there Saturday night. ;)

How did you get a reservation at Dorsia? All I got in return to my polite enquiry was an email full of LOL's.

Soldato
I Shower after work. I do a job where I handle a lot of dirty overalls & dust mats, the dirt mostly ends up on me along with the road traffic dirt that comes off the van that I drive, so a Shower after work is essential. That & the fact the job I do makes me sweat a lot too.

Soldato
I work a very physical job so shower every day straight from work, however in the winter even though my job is physical the place i work is pretty much outside temps, so some days i am working in no more than 2 or 3 degrees so dont sweat, so shower/bath alternate days.

Soldato
Once a day or you start to stink. Not the most difficult thing to do.to the guy that baths once a week dude you gotta stink.

Soldato
It depends on age. As a teenager there's all kinds of hormonal things going on and you are generally more active and sweat more. Back then I used to shower daily. Now, mid thirties it's an every other day thing, maybe 3 days. If it wasn't enough my wife would be the first to tell me. I have a desk job though so I imagine those with physical jobs need more. I wonder how much energy we'd save if we weren't all so vain?

This really for me. When you're over 30 you tend to plan things so you don''t end up rushing around getting sweaty :) Also my hair goes really horrible if it gets wet every day (if say I'm on holiday and doing things which do necessitate daily/twice daily showers).

Soldato
I think every other day is ok as long as you use antiperspirant and don't do anything dirty, i usually take a little longer in the shower as well.

Soldato
I can't go to bed after a day in the workshop without showering first.

Urgh, led in bed with grease up my arms and dirt in my hair from all the crap in wheel arches.
No thanks.

Shower every night, a simple case of soap on the skin and shampoo on the hair. I certainly don't poof about with exfoliating scrub and moisturiser.

As for how long one could go without showering at all, I guess it would be a week before I'd get REALLY irritable about it.
Definitely spent a weekend in the middle of a peat bog in Wales in the same clothes without a wash from Friday to Sunday :D 4x4 fun :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom