Do you check-in baggage for short-haul/short trips?

Soldato
I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow for work. Four days so should fit everything in my small carry-on sized case.. although the weather is going to be colder and variable which never helps :o

I think I bought a ticket with check-in baggage but I know a lot of the travel pros would never dream of checking a bag if you can carry it on. What do you think? I'm not in a rush when landing there or coming home so the extra 20mins or whatever to wait for it isn't a big deal. I don't like having to wheel it round the airport either. I guess the only annoying thing would be if they lose it and I'm without my stuff for a day or two... but surely there's loads of flights to Amsterdam every day so wouldn't even be that long to get it to me? :confused:

As it’s a work trip, you may feel inclined to have some spare clothes
Like you say, as it’ll be cold you may need more layers/bulkier clothes
Yeah. The weather is annoying. It'll be hot in the convention hall (tshirt) but cold enough to require layers outside and in the evening.
If I have hold luggage, in whatever carry on bag I’m using, I make sure I have any essential...
...spare pair of pants. Right? :D
Only minor annoyance with cabin luggage is having to abide by the 100ml liquid rule.
Yeah even though everything now appears to fit in my smallest cabin case, I might just check it in as I don't like having a plastic bag full of toiletries to lug around in my rucksack. And I don't even have that many toiletries :confused:

Back
Top Bottom