• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do you ever replace your aio?

Associate
Im on a h100igtx and I recently delidded my 6700k since it was getting rather toasty at stock, this made a huge difference and dropped average of 20c, since then I have oc my cpu to 4.6 at 1.32v and its been fine, however since the new cpus seem rather **** for gaming id rather hold onto my 6700k for another 2 years then upgrade, (my 6700k was stable at 4.9 but needed 1.44v and the temps were outrageous) however I got the chip at launch and my aio slightly before and its now 5 years old, should I have faith in the old girl to make it too 7 years? or drop cash and get a x63 say? With a 280 rad I should be able to get 4.9 and keep temps in check?

tldr : aio no warranty left
5 year old aio, have faith it will last for another 2 or replace?
4.6ghz vs 4.9 performance (6700k gaming)
yolo and buy kraken x63?

Associate
OP
The fluid inside AIO's can and often does slowly permeate into the tubes reducing the levels, that will affect temperatures. 5 to 7 years is not too soon for low fluids inside AIO's, my NZXT packed up after 5 years, i opened it up to look inside... it ground the bearings down into a pulp that blocked the micro fins, it did this because the bump was running intermittently semi dry from low fluid levels.
hmmm seems like a new aio will be worth it, wont be selling the 6700k either, eventually it will be passed down and live on through the family and if its still alive in 5 years I very much doubt the h100igtx will too lol

Associate
OP
So this thread has gone a bit off the rails from what I originally posted, anyway I plan on keeping my cpu til it dies or ddr5 comes out so I dropped the cash on a nzxt x63,
managed 4.8ghz overclock with very good temps,
core 1 - 56
core - 2 58
core 3 - 52
core 4 - 56
Cam was set to silent mode for the pump and the fans set to 40% in bios
this was after running aida for 2 hours, before my h100i couldnt even do 4.5 without the temps staying under 77, so huge improvement, I should say the x63 has a 40mm bigger rad than the h100igtx but overall Im really happy with it and cod warzone runs way way better than stock 6700k did, maybe at stock it was holding my 2070super back? I think all in all aio upgrade is well worth if it your struggling to oc and maintain decent temps and can give your cpu a bit of extra life :)

Back
Top Bottom