Do you keep your house/flat clean and tidy all the time?

Caporegime
Firstly, obvs this is a computer forum so I should clarify that by messy I just mean a "normal" amount of mess - as in some clutter that could be cleared up within say 30 mins or so and/or maybe you've skimped on the hoovering for a little bit etc... I'm not talking hoarder or basement-dwelling NEET levels of messy.

So essentially at one end of the spectrum are you on top of everything - do you keep your house tidy/clean as in all rooms hovered, bathroom cleaned, kitchen floor mopped, bed sheets changed weekly. Kitchen table/surfaces cleaned daily, no dirty dishes left out overnight etc... i.e, some friend or relative could pop over unannounced or at short notice and you'd not need to worry.

Perhaps at the other end of the (reasonable, non-NEET) spectrum do you let it get a bit cluttered - when you have visitors etc.. you'd much rather have some notice so you do a quick tidy/clean before they arrive. If a relative arrived unannounced it wouldn't be ideal at all etc... you might have left it a couple of weeks between washing sheets, you might not have hoovered for over a fortnight etc.. you've got some clutter in the lounge you'd need to clear up, papers all over the dining room table etc..

Just curious as I've sometimes seen pictures posted in threads like the images of things I've bought thread or other threads showing off computer or hi-fi gear and some people's places are immaculate, others make me think "damn, at least tidy up the clutter if you're going to post a photo online". Also Marie Kondo was quite popular not too long ago which indicates quite a few people do want to reduce clutter further than their current levels etc..

Caporegime
OP
I guess perhaps for people with kids I should have posed the question as before you had kids as I don't doubt that changes things dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom