Do you need a 4k projector screen?

Soldato
I’m looking at a 4k projector on the lower end of the price range, which I assume will use mirrors/pixel shifting so not true 4k. Will I need a 4k screen?

I was looking at this screen and this projector although not finalised anything. I can’t use a fixed screen because of the location.

I’m going for as much real estate as possible for a mixture of film and ps5.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Soldato
OP
Ok so there isn’t a 4k screen but now I’ve been looking into screens further I’m unsure what to go for.

Do I go for something like I posted above which I presume is a generic Chinese manufacture. It’s £300 for a motorised tab tension screen or do I go for a better screen from somewhere like Richer Sounds? My max budget is £500 which can only get me a motorised screen without the tab tension from RS.

The screen will not be down most of the time as it’s in front of a door way which I assume may affect the screen for waves and ripples etc so would the cheaper screen be better with the tab tension? As much as I’d like a cinema quality screen I need to be realistic with my budget I guess and as this is only for occasional use I can’t justify spending too much on the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom