Do you partition off games from windows?

Associate
Hi All

So my gaming PC is pretty much only used for gaming. Right now I have a small M.2 used for windows and all my games are stored on a 2.5" ssd. I dont tend to play lots of games at once so this has worked for me. I also have a NAS where most stuff is stored.

This particular board has only one m.2 (b450 itx) and new case has only one 2.5" slot. Space does sometimes get low, so I want to replace the m.2 with a bigger one.

Since I don't have a lot of apps etc on the pc anyway, I've deliberately kept the games on a separate drive so if I have any issues, I can just reinstall windows. Tell steam and battle net where the games are stored and I'm back up and running in no time.

So I'm wondering if I should partition off space for games and just leave space for windows, docs etc so I can always just reinstall windows easily without any issues.

What do you do and why?

Thanks

You are unlikely to notice any performance difference in your games between a M.2 drive and a SATA SSD.

Having Windows on a separate drive makes reinstalling a lot easier.
Agreed, perfectly happy with sata SSDs for games, and i dont do anything thing else than benefits the extra speed of m.2, but i cant add another drive (only one m.2 slot and only one space in case for 2.5") so i only make one of them bigger.

Back
Top Bottom