Do you power off your PC?

Soldato
Shut down, although it's an indicator of how the previous night was...if I click the mouse and it fires up then I've been too tired/drunk to remember to shut down :p

Permabanned
Never, three desktop PC's here have run continuously for over a year or so, only being shutdown if there's a problem. Greta eat your heart out.... ;) Several Raspberry Pi's run 24 hours a day, seven days a week,too. Having said that I am looking at a quarterly bill here of over £1100, so there is a downside.

Soldato
Shutdown and power off at the wall socket.

Though I do have CCTV cameras and a QNAP running these days. Oh and now the OLED TV is left in standby as it's supposed to run a screen burn routine after a certain number of viewing hours.

So what used to be a maximum power saving effort isn't so important.

Associate
If I remember I hit the power button to put it to sleep. If not, it goes to sleep after 15 minutes anyway.
Convenient because it fires itself up for scheduled tasks/updates etc then goes back to sleep.

Soldato
Always shut down for the night. During the day it depends, if I know I'm gonna use it again within like 30min then I keep it on otherwise shut down. With the speed of the M2 drives it only takes seconds to boot up.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No, it makes next to no noise and is in use day and night. When idle it throttles down to a few hundred mhz anyway and all but the GPU use a couple of watts of idle power whilst the GPU sits around 18 watts.

Back
Top Bottom