Do you think our society is becoming more voyeuristic?

Suspended
I think stories like this are incredibly sad
'Great shame' of student voyeur

This is the second story of this I have heard recently and I'm sure many more don't make the papers. One instance of this came about when I was at uni in Sheffield. It can be VERY damaging to the females involved and completely destroys any trust they have in male/female relationships.

Interested in peoples views on the matter.

Suspended
OP
Violent-J said:
We're all voyeurs are we not? I wouldn't say anymore voyeur than any other time in the history of humans on this planet. Fair play to that lad, funny story.

Who wouldn't want to wacth women having a shower?

There's people who take it a bit too far though like going alone to make out spots just to watch people getting it on, "doggers".

I thought it was fairly obvious I was referring to a more serious kind of voyeurism?

My topic was aimed at thinking towards this: has our society become more voyeuristic due to separation by technology.

Suspended
OP
thelonecrouton said:
Well women are ALL someone's sister/daughter...? Doesn't make a hot woman any less attractive does it? In fact if she has a hot Mom too then...erghm.......

Um, you either missed the point or are just trying to be some kind of witty.
How would you feel if it was your sister was one of those girls.

Suspended
OP
Sleepy said:
Voyeurism is a crime only when its planned and conducted in a manner that indicates its premeditation. Getting an accidental flash from a woman walking down the street does not make the viewing man a criminal. So to most men its not the desire of the perp thats wrong merely the efforts he went to get his thrills and the invasion of the womans privacy. I'd suggest that its this that makes men think of it in a less serious way than a woman. Otherwise we'd end up thinking our own instinctual behaviour was in some way wrong.

Thanks, you vocalised what I was unable to. The roving eye is one thing. Invasion of privacy is another.

Suspended
OP
teaboy5 said:
Its funny how you all laugh, but if someone had came on here telling us how his sister was one of the girls, you would all be posting how you wanted to kill him and so on.

Think about that

i said this on the previous page. completely agree. i think some people on here still have 'trying to prove themselves as lads' issues and think theyre funny.

Back
Top Bottom