Do you throw away lots of food?

Soldato
I don’t unless it’s actually mouldy. Plus non edible things like egg shells, apple cores etc.

Many people throw too much food away. Friend cooked a spaghetti bolognese and binned about a third of it. I would have saved it, freeze it and use as a jacket potato filling.

People throwing away food like this makes me feel sick

Soldato
OP
Supermarkets should sell more things for one person too. I like Tesco’s battered cod, but the pieces are very large and ones enough. Why can’t they sell them in 1’s instead of 2? There’s an awful lot of single people out there. Sainsbury’s are the same. Every just cook meal they do either serves 2, 4 or more. What about us single folk?
I live alone. If I bought a pack of two fish cakes (the deep ones with a parsley sauce centre) - I eat one that day. Then freeze the other one by wrapping it in foil and write on a food bag - what it is and cooking instructions.

I never buy the small tins of baked beans for example as a normal can is only 5-10p more than half a can. Put the other half into a food storage pot in the fridge to use in the next 4-5 days.

If supermarkets do single portions, think how much more plastic is used and if, taking the fish as an example was £2.30 for 2, it will be £1.50-1.80 for one.

Back
Top Bottom