Do You Watch Video Game Walkthroughs

Soldato
i dont watch walkthroghs as suh but i do sit and watch people play games on justin tv, normally retro ones as there more of a nostalgia thing then but i cant watch people play the likes of COD i much prefer watching platformers or rpgs.

must say ive used a couple while playing through demons souls when i died repeatedly on the spider of 2-1 and the 2-3 dragon god.

i also use them occastionally alongside reviews as a lot of review sites tend to only show the best footage of a game.

Soldato
I used to watch my brother play the Resi Evil games all the time if that counts in a way. I always sucked at the controls for them for some bizare reason, I did find it really enjoyable watching it being played.

Besides that I've watched a few for getting acheivements and when i've been stuck and wanted to throw the controller at the TV in rage (ahhh Mirrors edge :D)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I only watch walkthroughs if I'm really, properly stuck. If I get stuck and can't figure something out I'll consult a text walkthrough. If that still doesn't help, then I'll watch a video to see how it's done. I'd never watch one just for the hell of it though.

On the other hand, I do enjoy speed runs sometimes.

+1

Soldato
Watched a few if I get to the "wow I really can't be bothered to figure this out" stage in some games. I get like that on sections of the game that I'm not really enjoying, and then I get a puzzle / boss fight or something. Back a few years ago I'd have figured it out myself, but now, I don't really bother unless it's a game I'm really enjoying, such as ME2.

Soldato
I only watch walkthroughs if I'm really, properly stuck. If I get stuck and can't figure something out I'll consult a text walkthrough. If that still doesn't help, then I'll watch a video to see how it's done. I'd never watch one just for the hell of it though.

On the other hand, I do enjoy speed runs sometimes.

Pretty much spot on for me as well, text first, then video walkthrough

Soldato
The only ones I watch are old ones like Commodore C64 and 16-bit console games, and I only watch ones where they aren't cheating by turning collisions off or something.

Watch the guy do Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the Snes. He doesn't even get touched (lose his armour). It's incredible.

Back
Top Bottom