Do you work your proper hours?

Soldato
To those who have jobs - Do you work your proper hours, say 9 - 5 or are you expected to be sometimes work extra without paid?

I am usually in work at 8.30 - 8.45 but leave on time. Sometimes i go to other offices and get on the train at 7 and return home at 7.

Where I used to work before people would stay sometimes until 9pm and i would stay to get a lift home (no busses) They would not get these hours back in lou time or paid extra. (I was on hourly rate, so i was happy!)

Soldato
I'm technically contracted for 3 days a week (saturday 9-5:30 Sunday 10-4 and another day 9-5:30)
but I frequently work extra days for the money, and never have to work unpaid, only had one instance where it was unpaid, and that was for training on a day off because I was interested in the subject so figured it would benefit me regardless, and wasn't too far to travel

Associate
I'm technically contracted out, but I work on a clients site 9-5, Monday-Friday.

However, I'm on accasion on call and I frequently work extra hours at home, most of it I don't get paid for. I work as a IT Systems Administrator

Soldato
8-4:30 no issue staying later if there is an issue or with helping people over the phone when I am on holiday..

If its broke i'll stay till its fixed and not expect to be paid,

however 90% of the time I do nothing at work, jsut wait for somethign to go wrong..

Man of Honour
Not that I am working yet, but my contract states that when I start, my contracted hours will be 9-5 with a one hour break. At a law firm.

Hahahahahaha - good one.

Soldato
My contracted hours are 9 - 6 but I usually work 9 - 5:30 as thats when the office closes but I have been known to work till 8/9pm if I'm at a client site.

Soldato
I work 07:30 - 16:00 Monday to Friday. We are allowed to build up some flexi time (up to 7.5 hours and it must be taken before we can build up any more time). However, we can only build up flexi time when there is work to be done. You can't just opt to work extra hours to suit (e.g. if you are hanging around waiting for a lift or whatever). I do work extra hours when asked but we always get that time back.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Work 9-5.30

Arrive 9.05 :p
Leave 5.30

Sometimes i stay for 5-15mins longer if a clients system has gone down, as we are expected to, but I always try not to, cos not getting paid for extra.

Soldato
I'm on flexi time so as long as I do my 7.5 hours it doesn't matter, for example, today, got to work at 7am simply so I can leave at 3 due to the weekend, but most days its a mixture... Depends on how sleepy I am. Monday I did 10.30 - 6. Took no lunch :) Had it at my desk lol.

Also, depends on if I take 30 mins or a hour on lunch.

ags

Soldato
I'm supposed to be here 9:00 - 5:30 Monday - Friday.

Most days I arrive 5-10 minutes early.
Three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) I'm allowed to work straight through my lunch (literally eat and that is it) and then leave at 4:45 - which is perfect for me as I have dialysis on those evenings.

Tuesdays & Thursdays I rarely get out of here on time.
Usually leave around 6:00pm, however if I'm in the middle of something urgent at the end of the day I can be here until 8:00pm.

I guess the late nights on certain days are my "curse" for being in a management position - there is always work or paperwork that must be done.
However as the company are kind enough to let me leave 45 minutes early on three days a week, I certainly don't mind giving something back when I can.

It's all about give and take.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I am contracted 9am-5pm so I usually arrive at 8:50 and leave 5:15pm.

However, I will often work longer if needed or come in to visit night shifts. You have to give and take, but really I can't afford to work "by the clock".. it would come across as a lack of commitment and I like the job security :p

They do leave me go early on Fridays (4pm) or give me lieu time when I need, so like I said.. give and take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom