Dodgy or legit site

Soldato
Considering the first link at the base is to advertise with them using an email link, I wouldn't use the service. Nothing tells me what it does, can I pay in for a year and expect a funeral knowing I've only got months to live? No case studies, no examples, no references. Terms and conditions say it's UK based but the company information is US based. Not even an offer of a free parker pen for asking!

I don't want a quote, I want to know what you're offering, how secure it is, the benefits of your system... then I'll ask for a quote. That website has nothing on it at all.

Soldato
Wouldn't touch it. Looks like a detail gathering system nothing more.

Maybe not a scam but it certainly doesn't look like a site id be happy giving information to.

Also their privacy statement does not match up to their T&Cs regarding data. One says they can and will sell data the other says they won't and it's kept in house.

Leaning more towards scam. Sign up to get info and just get stuck on a telemarketers list somewhere for sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't like the look of it as I get a funny feeling about it, looks like one of those pop ups you get when I end up going to the tugboat side of interwebs.

Soldato
It's a scam.

The Truste, HackerSafe and VeriSign logos are all fake, just .pngs and not the genuine article.

Domain registration is protected by WHOIS and registered to a company in Panama.

No contact telephone number.

This is likely to be designed to facilitate identify theft. There would then be an attempt to steal money from any bank accounts. I would try and get it shut down if you can, but that is likely to be quite difficult. I think the FBI has a cyber crime unit.

I haven't got time to go through the form fully, but it just sends you another e-mail which will probably be a fishing exploit. You could test this and see what happens.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feedback :)

You've all said exactly what I was thinking. We were talking about site trust at work yesterday to push conversions up and I'd spent the day researching things, then I find this in my email pushing a product we sell and it jumped out at me that it was fake.

I am going to use it as an example of how to inform other people that it is a scam, and show them how it should be done legitimately.

Soldato
Dodgy as hell. In the conditions it says:

Jurisdiction:
This site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK.

but the copyright at the bottom is California ????

EDIT: And every link opens a new tab in chrome !

Soldato
OP
Dodgy as hell. In the conditions it says:

Jurisdiction:
This site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK.

but the copyright at the bottom is California ????

EDIT: And every link opens a new tab in chrome !

It's registered in Panama which is what really makes it stand out as dodgy to me.

Associate
"Pre-Paid Funeral Plans With No Health Checks"

Isn't the whole point that you are planing for your death anyway? Why would not having a health check be a selling point!!

"Sorry sir, we can't accept you as you have a poor health record".

Back
Top Bottom