Does anyone have any info on this hybrid air/water cooler?

Associate
Seems a pit pointless to me, either go water or go air, I cant see any advantage to that over a good waterblock. End of the day a cooling loop is only ever going to be as good as the rads that cool the water i guess this helps chill it a little but half the idea is not to have a bloody great HSF arrangement if u go water

Soldato
I suppose it might help improve the cooling capacity of a loop that can only accomodate a limited sized radiator/fans.

Would be better if the hsf were on top of a block not a block on top of a hsf

I believe the waterblock goes right down to the base of the cooler it's just encircled by additional heatpipes to increase heat dissipation.

Caporegime
I've always thought there should be a top down (block, small heatsink, quiet fan blowing DOWN) version of most of the self-contained watercoolers (H50 et al), that way you still get the desired downdraft that the OEMs planned for with the stock cooler blowing on the VRMs, Chipset, etc.

So you get the performance of a decent tower cooler, AND the benefit of direct air toward the motherboard's hot-spots.

Soldato
OP
I have one of the old Voodoo PC Lian-Li cases specifically a rage. I would pretty much like to keep it until the end of days but its cooling solution isn't great. twin 80mm intake/twin 80mm exhaust. I am currently using a reserator 2 external water-cooler but it isn't the best for overclocking. I was at 3.8ghz with my noisy air cooling but I'm at 3.6ghz on this and I would really like to get it faster. I was thinking about getting 2 160mm black ice rads for intake and exhaust to add to the loop and something like this. with my cpu fans now gone my ram gets to hot to touch so i had to rig a 120mm fan to the bottom drive cage which n ow takes care of this but the solution isn't elegant by any means. Obviously if this cooler turns out to be a bit of a dud I wont consider it but I'll need to see a few reviews, so I thought I'd ask around :)

Back
Top Bottom