Does anyone here use Alamy?

Caporegime
Since I've got a catalogue of about 5,000 photos of which maybe 150-200ish are what I would consider publishable quality I have decided to sign up to Alamy in the hopes of becoming a billionaire through stock image sales. :p Passing the QC checks has been trivial but knowing what tags to use can take a little figuring out, does anyone here sell their images to stock image companies, and if so do you find them worthwhile for the time invested? I realise that I should probably be tagging my images in Lightroom or something for expedience and indexing purposes, but I've got a large back catalogue to get through.

The photography I do is primarily landscape and animal portraits so not sure what bearing that has on desirability thus sales? Yes and of course a lot of furry stuff, which is just a no go because of model release forms etc.

Just totally clueless playing around with it at the moment tbh, but would appreciate any tricks and tips you guys find useful. I do have a website with my portfolio it's just being rebuilt at the moment so I'll post some examples of the sort of thing I do that seem to perform well in competitions etc.

I should note, I'm just a hobbyist, so no interest in doing this as a full time job!

Last edited:
Associate
I could be wrong, but I’d think making money from stock images is pretty much impossible now. Thanks to Unsplash and a few others essentially giving it away for free, unless your photos are incredibly high quality and targeted at specific markets (businesses, commercial, etc) I very much doubt that the time will be worth the payout.

Back
Top Bottom