Does anyone on here drive an RX8 ?

Associate
Hey folks

Its new car time and I'm stuck between a celica TRD and an Mazda RX8. I've always liked both the cars, and have found a supercharged TRD that is lurvely.. however, I keep coming across RX8's that keep tempting me back

They are crazy cheap! I already know they are great cars, its hard to deny, but there is the dreaded flooding to take into account. Most of my trips are short as I live close to work, so the journeys are around 2.5 miles in the week. I cant quite work out if this is classed as a short journey - enough to give me grief

Or by short journey, are people talking about going to the end of the street?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Associate
OP
hmmm.. thanks, I think

Cycling with a2 folders, and boxes full of work i'm doing can be tricky most of the time. Plus, I sweat.

I think breaking the car down the interior niggles is a bit harsh. Its a nice car which cost a hell of a lot not long ago. The interior, in my eyes, is far superior to the 2000 celica i'm looking at.

Another big plus for me is the extra access to the back seats. Again, stumbling out of my house with said boxes and folders that need loading into my car will be much more easy with the extra 'doors', rather than fighting with seats to throw stuff in the back.

From what I can tell:

-Fuel and insurance will be the same
-RX8 will be more comfy on longer journey (TRD's are a bit stiff)
-The TRD will be quicker off the line
-The RX8 will be quicker 0-60
-The RX8 is quite a bit cheaper ~£800
-The celica just about gets it in the looks department, only just though
-The RX8 will need a bit more TLC. Even though its only an oil top up every 1000 miles, not a big deal really

If it is only tiny journeys that potentially flood it, i.e moving out of garage etc, then its sounding like a bargain.

Decisions, decisions

Back
Top Bottom