Does Anyone Own A Motion Simulator..?

Associate
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the chairs sub-forum, but seeing as a motion sim is more than an ordinary gaming chair, I thought this would be the best option.

With a bit of luck I'm going to be getting a Yaw2 motion sim delivered during the next few months.

So if you own and use a motion simulator, which one do you have and what software are using to run it?

I'm working on a VR game for the Meta Quest 2/3 and if I can work out how the **** to do it, I'm going to have it (or at least 3 out of the 4 mini games) compatible with motion simulators.

I'm just prototyping atm, and development is slow cos I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, but I'm hoping to have 1 mini game completed in 6 months or so, and would appreciate it if you could donate some of your time to do some Focus Testing for me.

If Meta are up for it I'm planning on having all proceeds from sales going to UNICEF to help disadvantaged kids around the world.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought a Pagnain HS-201 2-DOF platform in 2015. Within a handful of years they decided not to support it any more so it's now gathering dust. Pagnain were actually buying systems from motionsystems.eu so, in reality, it was them who killed off my seat. Neither listened when I moaned and I wouldn't buy anything from either of them again.

How many DOF will you require for your game? Would 2 be enough?

Associate
I use the NLR v3 chair, works really well - I am in VR only and within VR you dont need massive movements to gain the affect, its more about subtle well timed movement. I would say get something that is well supported and has good compatibility with the games you play, if there is discernable lag in the input/movement it will make the experience worse than without it entirely.

Mostly racing games like iracing/AC but also a bit Elite dangerous and Euro truck sim

Associate
OP
I bought a Pagnain HS-201 2-DOF platform in 2015. Within a handful of years they decided not to support it any more so it's now gathering dust. Pagnain were actually buying systems from motionsystems.eu so, in reality, it was them who killed off my seat. Neither listened when I moaned and I wouldn't buy anything from either of them again.

How many DOF will you require for your game? Would 2 be enough?
Yup, 2 will be fine, because I need to cater for those that have both 2DOF and 3DOF motion sims. I'll drop you a PM once I have something playable (probably in a few months), if that's okay?
I use the NLR v3 chair, works really well - I am in VR only and within VR you dont need massive movements to gain the affect, its more about subtle well timed movement. I would say get something that is well supported and has good compatibility with the games you play, if there is discernable lag in the input/movement it will make the experience worse than without it entirely.

Mostly racing games like iracing/AC but also a bit Elite dangerous and Euro truck sim
There's no worries regarding support, it's compatible with SRS and Sim Tools, and they also have their own software, too. :D

Would it be okay if I send you a PM with a link to the first playable version so that you can see if it works with your motion simulator? It won't be for a few months yet though.

They've recently optimised the design so that it's lighter and cheaper to manufacture and ship (and cheaper for them to replace failed parts too).

Someone on the unofficial Discord has done a breakdown of a video that they released on their Kickstarter update showing the v3.0 prototype that you guys may find interesting.

With a bit of luck they'll start sending units to backers again (it's been a long running saga lol) in February or March.:D

And there's a guy in Norway that got his delivered and he uploads people's first time experiences which are quite funny (warning - contains swearing in Norwegian and the odd scream or two lmfao):

Associate
Yup, 2 will be fine, because I need to cater for those that have both 2DOF and 3DOF motion sims. I'll drop you a PM once I have something playable (probably in a few months), if that's okay?

There's no worries regarding support, it's compatible with SRS and Sim Tools, and they also have their own software, too. :D

Would it be okay if I send you a PM with a link to the first playable version so that you can see if it works with your motion simulator? It won't be for a few months yet though.

They've recently optimised the design so that it's lighter and cheaper to manufacture and ship (and cheaper for them to replace failed parts too).

Someone on the unofficial Discord has done a breakdown of a video that they released on their Kickstarter update showing the v3.0 prototype that you guys may find interesting.

With a bit of luck they'll start sending units to backers again (it's been a long running saga lol) in February or March.:D

And there's a guy in Norway that got his delivered and he uploads people's first time experiences which are quite funny (warning - contains swearing in Norwegian and the odd scream or two lmfao):

yes sure, no worries

Back
Top Bottom