Does anyone use TPU cases on their iPhones?

Associate
Just a quick one, just bought a XR and with Apple not selling official cases I’m looking at other options.

I’m liking the idea of a plain, clear TPU case but I’ve read on other sites that the cases can mark your phone. I’m not sure if it’s dirt getting trapped between the phone and the case which will happen with any case or if it’s something to do with the silicone over time affecting the metal finish.

Some people have even said the heat from wireless charging causes something to happen to the silicone.

Has anyone had any experience? I just like to kee my devices pristine so thought I’d ask first.

Cheers.

Soldato
I had one on my iPhone X for 10 months and the phone is still absolutely fine. However a few years ago I had one on my iPhone 5 and there were a few marks left on there from some of whatever had got stuck in there. The only difference is that the one on my 5 was a thin more flexible rubber whereas the one on my X was pretty solid rubber.

As a result, the one on my XS is the harder type. That phone is now over a month old and still has no marks.

Associate
Loads of annoying marks on the back of my previous iPhone 8 from using one of these cases, never again for me. I had no issues with wireless charging though.

Back
Top Bottom