Does cancelling Apple Music wipe my library?

Soldato
I need to cancel my Apple Music subscription for a day or 2 to switch stores back to the UK to retrieve some content I purchased back when I lived in the UK which is unavailable in the US.

If I cancel my Apple Music subscription will it save my library for when I reactivate the subscription or will I have to start from scratch?

Soldato
I suspect people will be reluctant to answer this definitively as they won't want to be responsible for what happens :D

I had a ton of Apple Music downloaded, and then cancelled. The stuff was still there and downloaded, as was stuff I'd previously updated with iTunes match. I couldn't however play the Apple Music stuff....Which is what you'd expect to be fair. When I renewed with my student membership about 3-4 weeks later all the stuff I'd downloaded worked fine again although I'd find I'd sometimes have to hit the 'download' button again for it to know it was downloaded if that makes sense.

None of 'my' stuff was affected at all.

YMMV of course.

Copy the library somewhere else before you do it, just to make sure of course.

Soldato
When I cancelled my Apple Music Sub it wiped anything that I had not purchased from Apple directly. Anything not purchased from Apple or added to my library as part of Apple Music Sub was removed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom