• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Does "GPU Scaling" cause input lag?

Soldato
When playing CS:GO I like to play in 4:3 resolution....

If I tick the "use gpu scaling" in ATI/AMD control panel this is the only way I can get it to scale to 1400x1050 as the montitor will stretch the image to fit screeen. (Monitor is a NEC 20wgx2).

I am not sure if I am imagining it or does the GPU scaling add a small amount of input lag?

Can anyone conclusively tell me the answer. I know theoretically that "another process would cause more lag etc." but does it actually cause any input lag in real usage or is it such a simple job for the GPU that it makes no difference?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok thanks but I was just trying to confirm it if anyone knew because it is quite hard to tell exactly by testing it without being able to instantly switch between the two... I am pretty sure they are the same but then sometimes I think that it has more lag with the GPU scaling or I may be imagining it lol...

Soldato
OP
Hmmm because I cant play properly in 16:10 now I am used to 4:3 but I also despise input lag. Need a new monitor but don't have any money :(

I don't really understand why it would cause lag because I am only scaling it from 1680x1050 > 1400x1050 so it is still 1:1 pixels just with the sides cut off.....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I can scale with ATI drivers and keep the aspect ratio....

eg. 1400x1050 4:3 with black borders on left and right.... My point was that doing this through catalyst CP seems to cause input lag

Back
Top Bottom