1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Does my dream case exist... ITX, glass panel, inverted MB

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by d_brennen, Apr 8, 2019.

1. d_brennen

Capodecina

Looking to build a SFF around the AM4 platform and looking for a decent case. The PC would be on my left hand side, for reasons, so I'd like the window side to be the right hand panel. This would obviously mean inverted MB and also means the GPU shroud would be visible, which is nice.

I've seen ATX cases like this but not ITX.

Criteria:
    Quality construction (Alu?)
    Understated/clean looks (not gamerzz bling)
    Decent thermals
    Filters if possible
    Not gigantic for ITX but space for a decent AIO
    £150 landed

I'd consider mATX too if the size won't be too much bigger.

Ideas? TIA :)

2. satchef1

Mobster

Raijintek Metis Plus?

Main drawback against your spec would be the window; it's small. But fitting a full-size one is a common mod for this case, and not the toughest DIY job really.

There's also a Chinese knock-off version that already has a full side window. Not easy to order outside of China though.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  3. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

4. d_brennen

Capodecina

The knock-off looks better than the real deal :p Was considering the Metis actually but the lack of whole glass panel is off putting. Windows are so last millennium

Probably a great case but too garish for me. I loved my Mini P180 back in the day, that looked smart (for the time)

Also, browsing on my phone but don't see the mention it cooler

5. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Raijintek Ophion? (although you wouldn't see the GPU - sandwich design).

6. d_brennen

Capodecina

It got a real panning on a review I saw for noise and temps, though they tested it with no fans as it comes with none (who does this?!)

This one

It's an option I'm keeping in mind. I'd use an AIO in the roof and a slim intake on the bottom, but as you say the GPU is on the "wrong" side. And squished against the glass :p

7. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Yeah, I saw that alright. I believe there were plans to include extension tubes that would hold the glass panels an extra 5-10mm away from the case, but sounds like an afterthought rather than a proper solution. The Evo version has extra room up top for a beefier AIO, but you still have your GPU problem.

There's the Streacom DA2 as well, which I like the look of, but it still isn't perfect for you; you'd have to mod the window in yourself, and it's already over budget. Don't think you could use an AIO in it without blocking the "view" either. With the raised pieces on the top and bottom, it's actually not the smallest case.

8. Guru

Soldato

I love my Raijintek Thetis, but it's probably bigger than you want. I have a full ATX builld in mine.

9. d_brennen

Capodecina

Thanks, think I'm going with the Thetis, there's not much choice for what I want in ITX

10. Guru

Soldato

Yeah I really like it, I had some issues with temperatures initially, but I've put everything under AIO's to sort that and now I'm super happy with it.

It does have a weird layout and I had literally the biggest GPU and PSU it's physically possible to fit in the case, so it's tight but JUST fits, fortunately! :)

11. Guru

Soldato

This is how it was before I replaced the AIO 1080ti with a hybrid one:

[​IMG]

This is how it is now (It's the same PSU btw... I just took changed the sticker lol):

[​IMG]

My PSU is 85mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 180mm (L)

My GPU is 111.1mm (H) x 2 slot (W) x 266.7mm (L)

But my previous card was 148mm (H) x 43.5mm (W) x 300mm (L)

You will not fit a GPU this large with a PSU any longer than mine.

12. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina