Does this all work together/fit together?

Soldato

It is. For running systems with a very low power draw.

The amps on the 12v rail will be very low (so you won't be able to reliably run any gfx card with any power off it), and I'd be shocked if it even had a PCI-E cable :p.

Nice spot Pighardia, but I'd still wait and get the GTS450.

Tommy, there really is no point or need to rushing. Take your time and save the money so you can get something worthwhile that will last for more than a few months!

Soldato
Okay I now am going to get the 5570.
What case/PSU shall I get? Please, don't stretch it a lot...

PLEASE just wait and save :(

5570 is good for a few films and BluRay, but gaming is a push. A big push.
Do some more chores, sell off old games and old parts and then buy the system that will do what you want for a few years rather than mere months!

Pighardia, I have to say same (Got a HD6870 in here :cool:) - rooting for the little guys :p

Associate
Another option is the 880 amd chipsets with onboard graphics. I believe they have HD4200 graphics chips, not outstanding but will play games at reduced settings adequately. There are a ton of youtube videos showing playable fps on games such as BFBC2, COD etc.

By going for onboard graphics you get to save £50-100 from the outset which would allow you to perhaps upgrade the main system components now whilst still allowing you to play games while you eventually beg borrow steal cash to get a much more suitable graphics card at a later date.

Soldato
Another option is the 880 amd chipsets with onboard graphics. I believe they have HD4200 graphics chips, not outstanding but will play games at reduced settings adequately. There are a ton of youtube videos showing playable fps on games such as BFBC2, COD etc.

By going for onboard graphics you get to save £50-100 from the outset which would allow you to perhaps upgrade the main system components now whilst still allowing you to play games while you eventually beg borrow steal cash to get a much more suitable graphics card at a later date.

Good idea that!

Associate
OP

Can i have the link for the Chipset please?

Soldato
Are we completely sure about the itegrated gpu's

i have an 880 chipset with intergrated graphics. Whilst it plays some games ok. it will not even load some. for example, i can play fallout nv on decnt settings, but Breach or cod4 will not even play on the lowest res.
At least if you can get one for a similar price, you could build the system, then try a few games and if they are not satisfactory, you can add one of the cards suggested.

Associate
OP
Are we completely sure about the itegrated gpu's

i have an 880 chipset with intergrated graphics. Whilst it plays some games ok. it will not even load some. for example, i can play fallout nv on decnt settings, but Breach or cod4 will not even play on the lowest res.
At least if you can get one for a similar price, you could build the system, then try a few games and if they are not satisfactory, you can add one of the cards suggested.

Where can I find the chipset?

Associate
you should really listen to everyone hear and be patient it really does pay off. as for money theres plenty of things a 15 year old can do. use your imagination :)

Associate
Where can I find the chipset?

Such as:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-278-GI

There are a few more available along similiar lines.

Its just an option really, another would be if the OP got a decent graphics card secondhand. There are a lot of people upgrading from their 4890s which are still quite capable cards.

I do think however that he may regret buying a sub standard PSU/case as those are items that can stay with you for multiple PC builds/upgrades in the future if you buy wisely. The £64 deal on the coolermaster 430 with 500w PSU is a good deal, although personally I would rather see a 600w PSU in there to allow sufficent headroom in the future.

Back
Top Bottom