Does this build look ok?

Associate
My goal is to re-enter the world of pc gaming after 20 years with a cheap but upgradable gaming rig.

I'm not well versed in all these new case sizes so I've opted for a full sized case however some of the smaller cases are cheaper and quite appealing, as are motherboard choices. I'd hate to build a smaller pc and not be able to fit in a new GPU in a few years is this a valid concern?

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,139.92 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Man of Honour
I'd hate to build a smaller pc and not be able to fit in a new GPU in a few years is this a valid concern?
It is awkward to say because it is one of those "it depends" questions. The easiest way to phrase it is this: the smaller your case, the less options you have. Will there still be good options to increase performance? Yes, so long as the case isn't REALLY small.

My general guidance would be:
300mm length restriction for a micro-ATX case: entry-level and lower-midrange cards only (e.g. 6600 XT, RTX 3060).
330mm length restriction for a small tower case: upper-midrange (e.g. 7800 XT, 4070 Super).
350mm length restriction for a medium tower case: high-end (e.g. 7900 XTX, 4080 Super).
400mm length restriction for a large tower case: very high-end (e.g. large custom coolers, 'ultra' editions).

What is the monitor that you're using with the PC?

Is your budget £1200?

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom