• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Does this sound right (xfx rma)

Caporegime
OP
Tbf, in my case xfx dont directly handle rma's, but theyve advised me to keep them informed of the situation with the retailer, and let them know if any problems arise. Still waiting on a new card though, if they do send me another gtx 275 card, ill only keep it as an interim card till i upgrade to something decent, ie 5870, or fermi, depending on price.

Associate
Hope it works out for you in the end.

Such a long and quite painfull road to travel, which i've also travelled myself.

Definitely thinking I should sell my xfx gtx 260 now, before I have to deal with the same thing as the op, also bought from the same supplier :eek:.

Associate
My company deals with them on a trade basis and they are not any good at all, if they didn't do certain things that the company couldnt source elsewhere we would probably not use them.

Overclockers have far better support and customer service not to mention this great community of people to offer advice and assistance.

Caporegime
OP
Got on the phone to them today, the gtx 275 was at fault. Replacement 275 sent out today, fingers crossed that i get a working one, will be nice to get away from my 8800gt, not a great card for 1920x1200.

Caporegime
OP
Hope all goes well with it, you'll be able to turn up the detail now lol :D
Cheers mate, will be nice to be able to play BFBC2 at full res with a bit of eye candy, had to drop down to 1680x1050 with the gt, even then it wasnt great. May keep the gt as a physx card, got a new corsair hx 850w psu so power shouldnt be a problem.

Caporegime
OP
New gpu arrived today, another xfx 275 gtx, installed and working fine (so far), will give it a good workout with bfbc2 later. Hopefully this debacle has finally come to an end.

Soldato
Just read this thread and what a sorry tale. Jesus, I have bought a fair few things from them over the years but fortunately have never had to Rma anything. Now crossed off my etailor purchasing list. I mostly purchase from Ocuk now anyway and recently had to Rma an Xfx 4890. It was faulty and I chose a full refund, no quibbles from Ocuk their after sales service is awesome.:D

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

Legal? What ever happened to consumer rights, that come first and foremost.

Far to many people tend to read the fantasy book of consumer rights, you have less actual rights then perhaps you think/realise.

Caporegime
OP
Tbh mate, at the finish up i wasnt fussed wether it was a 275 or 285, it was better than the paltry sum of £123.11 they first offered me, also i knew that i wouldnt be keeping the replacement card too long.

Back
Top Bottom