Doing a spot of hiking

Caporegime
So now that we live in Godalming (dahling) we want to do some more outdoorsy stuff, which includes the odd walking trail / hike.

Last weekend we did a short little trail at Newland's Corner and enjoyed it which means we now have to go completely overboard and spend thousands of pounds on kit we're going to use once or twice, stick in the cupboard and never use again.

I've got a little backpack which I'll use for snacks and stuff, but I need to know what else to order. We're planning a 12km hike this weekend (which we're gonna take slowly obvs, we're a bit porky) but I'd like to do it semi-properly.

Any suggestions for gear, apps, foods, or general hiking stuff appreciated.

@413x I belive this is your time to shine :D

Cheers!

So have I gone overboard then?

wPv26O8.jpeg

It's ocuk the land of gucci belts and honey.

one can not simply do an 8mile walk without spending large sums of money on something.

its a forum for mostly bored old people with too much money looking for a way to fritter it away.

8mile walk is now some monumental hike in the year 2024.

in the 90s we'd class that as a trip to the local shop

never had a wet ankle from walking, but then again I wouldn't be hiking in shorts...... there's these spikey things that often line the paths and cut your legs to shreds, and these insects that like to feast on human flesh

only ocuk needs a 4page thread discussing how to prepare for a 7.45mile walk along a foot path

My advice buy a dog and you can do it daily

You're really struggling with this aren't you :cry:

Back
Top Bottom