domain and email ?

Soldato
Hi,

Started my own company recently so would like to buy the domain name for it and have an email address for it rather than using my current gmail one.

Been looking at vidahost and fasthosts on buying the domain but not sure what I need for the email part ?

Email seems to be more like £5 a month on both these sites ?

What is the best option ?

Obviously like to send and receive emails from my new domain and have access to it on my phone / laptop / web etc,

Thanks,

If you grab the basic hosting package from vida you'll get the domain for free. You can control email from the hosting panel. £29 pa would be cheaper than £5 a month and you'd get the web space should you wish to set up a website.

I'd go Office365 for email.
£3.10 a month. Much more reliable than my fasthosts hosted email.

Yup i'd recommend going down the hosted Exchange route (all the positives of Exchange without the headaches dealing directly with hardware/software) and grabbing a Microsoft Exchange Online plan for £2.50 p/m (ex VAT) and then purchasing a domain with a registrar like 123-reg.com, 1&1.co.uk etc.

Hi,

Started my own company recently so would like to buy the domain name for it and have an email address for it rather than using my current gmail one.

Been looking at vidahost and fasthosts on buying the domain but not sure what I need for the email part ?

Email seems to be more like £5 a month on both these sites ?

What is the best option ?

Obviously like to send and receive emails from my new domain and have access to it on my phone / laptop / web etc,

Thanks,

Try our Webhost UK get as many email accounts with them just for 14.99GBP.

I use vidahost to run my website for a charity i do work for and i have email addresses set up but i took out a package which included a cpanel as i need that for what i do.

Once purchased its very easy to set up and literally be adding emails within minutes when needed.

Hi,

I'm in a similar position (buying a domainn) and wondering if anyone has experience with 1&1 - specifically the email features? I'm finally upgrading from my 'Hushmail' account :eek:. Looking into your other suggestions now too. Cheers!

I'm in a similar position (buying a domainn) and wondering if anyone has experience with 1&1 - specifically the email features? I'm finally upgrading from my 'Hushmail' account :eek:. Looking into your other suggestions now too. Cheers!

I use 1and1 for registering my domains because it was the cheapest at the time.
Their control panel is pretty poor and often doesnt load correctly when trying to change dns settings or add subdomains, etc.

I still use them for registering domains but have my DNS and email hosted elsewhere so I dont have to use their control panel much.

My email is on office365.

Thanks for the detailed advice mate. I decided on the domain but will look further afield for the mail provider. The simpler the better in my case...

Back
Top Bottom