Domain Nameservers and Google Apps

Associate
I'm having trouble with a domain name and Google Apps.

The domain needs pointing to some new hosting at TSOHost.

I've changed the name server settings on the domain provider to point to TSOHosts, and then added the MX records for Google Apps.

It's been 24 hours and I'm just getting bounce backs if I send emails to the account.

Have I missed anything, or do I just need to wait?

I'm right in thinking that now the name servers are changed, any DNS settings on the domain providers site will be ignored?

Thanks,

Assume you added the MX records to Google Apps from TSO Host?

I would temporarily reduce to the TTL to something low so you can make changes until it's working without potentially having to wait 24 hours.

I'd love to help, but TSO Host just rubbish my claims when it comes to Google Apps. Specific to the email aspect (I think everything else is working), the Google Apps dashboard tells me it's wrong, some sites (which check email addresses live) don't allow our Google Apps email to be used, yet TSO Host maintain everything is set up correctly. The emails themselves are working fine thankfully, it seems to just be sites which check the DNS routing (claiming the email is invalid). I don't know if it's limited to the cloud-based dashboard or whether it would fail in cPanel too (everything was working fine with Vidahost cPanel).

Still, if you so wish, I'll post a screenshot of the DNS section of our site.

Yeah I added the MX records from TSO host.

The TTL is set to 3600 as per googles instructions.

Some emails are getting through and others are bouncing. Does this mean it's still propagating?

Back
Top Bottom