1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Trump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wez130, Dec 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmeh

Mobster

This didn’t age well at all

2. Yas786

Caporegime

It’s all about his image, he doesn’t want to wear one because having him sat behind the resolute desk and having pictures of him would make his image look bad. That’s all he cares about, not because he cares about his health or anything like that.

3. Hedge

Capodecina

Don't get me wrong, I cant stand the guy but I think him choosing to not wear a mask is fair enough, he just doesn't articulate it particularly well.

You can see in my posts here that I seriously dislike him but the some of media just come across as petty by nitpicking every single thing. He's a complete moron but sometimes maybe just let it go once in a while.

He talks so much crap that articles are saturated with his dumb comments but some of them are just insignificant and don't warrant coverage.

4. Freakbro

Capodecina

To be fair long term it might be a stimulus for job repatriation, which has been trickling back over the last few years as costs in China have risen or stats quo resumes, who knows. But yea, for the short-medium term it's not going well. :p

I prefer the ticker headline at the start "Sec Ross : It's almost physically impossible for there to be a recession this year"

:D

5. Angilion

Man of Honour

Since his job is predominantly about image, it is an important factor. Although I think he's wrong in this context, i.e. I think that wearing a mask when meeting people wouldn't look bad at the moment. Depending on the mask, of course. Not Leatherface or Jason Voorhees masks :)

6. Hedge

Capodecina

He's missing an opportunity to sell red MAGA masks to be honest lol.

7. Roar87

Soldato

He's advising people not to wear masks so there's enough for health care workers, which is really solid advice, but you want him to not take his own advice and wear one?

8. kinetic747

Wise Guy

I don't particularly care whether he wears a mask, a gag certainly.:p

9. Yas786

Caporegime

Exactly my point but didn’t articulate it very well. I would say the same about any other world leader, wear a mask or gloves when meeting others etc. If not to protect yourself but protect others as well.
    At the end of the day, he shouldn’t be ridiculed for wearing a mask. If the media did that then that says more about the media than it does about Trump.
    Plenty of other things to rip Trump about.

10. Efour

Caporegime

Because in the UK when they give briefings they are all wearing masks....

Its a total non story. Trump is a tit but im sick of every bit of news being covid19 and how trump is a tit about it.

11. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

No one mentioned that Trump sacked the Intelligence IG last night. He waited till the middle of a pandemic to get rid of the man who had the balls to do his job when Barr and the DNI said not to. He’ll replace him with someone who he feels will be personally loyal to him rather than the job and constitution.

12. neckbeardthethird

Wise Guy

Agree with this, pick your battles and all that... if you constantly go on about relatively minor things it's more likely to make his fans etc think you're just being overly critical.

He does so much stuff that's actually worth criticising that there's no need to look for small things to nitpick.

13. Kyo

Soldato

Was just catching up, Trump going for revenge and abusing power again. Total disregard for the rule of law and left to do what he pleases when you cross him. Corruption at its finest. Like you say will give that job to another yes man Barr clone to do the dirty work for him. Presidency running more like mob outfit everyday.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  14. Dis86

Suspended

Bit kinky mate!

15. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-worse-says-trump-after-10-million-lost-their

Turned it off :D

16. Angilion

Man of Honour

Remarkable displays of bias there.

Firstly, the distinction Trump made is genuine and makes a lot of difference. Job losses due to a mandatory and temporary shutdown with a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package with cash payments to everyone and expanded welfare payments is very different to job losses due to a massive recession.

Secondly, note the ellipses in the quote refering to Trump's words. The words were removed to make it look like he said he was probably going to do more to shut the economy down. In fact, he said he was probably going to do more to help people affected by the shutdown.

That's a degree of bias that is effectively lying. Which is par for the course.

17. tang0

Mobster

FISA Court Requires DOJ/FBI To Provide Names of Targets Within Corrupt Surveillance Applications

Everything was built on these fraudulent FISA applications, it's the keystone to the whole spying and Mueller investigation, it brings down the entire sham

:D:D:D:D:D

President Trump Removes Coup Plotter ICIG Michael Atkinson – Effective 30 Days From Today

This is the guy that changed the whistle blower requirements to allow non-witness reporting and an unworthy complaint to be an "acceptable" one in order for the scumbags in the house to try and impeach him

You can bet your arse that they have enough evidence that allowed Trump to fire him

John Durham investigation intensifies focus on John Brennan

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-durham-investigation-intensifies-focus-on-john-brennan

Bring it home Durham

18. HEADRAT

Capodecina

In other exciting news I'm enjoying a beer in the garden ;)

19. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

And in other exciting news @tang0 has been at the Kool Aid again and has forgotten to put his tin foil hat back on before approaching the internet.

20. TonTom

Hitman

If Trump wore one he’d be complaining that he’s taken it away from a health worker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.