Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I particularly liked the part where Obama was informed of aggressive Russian interference; met with Congressional leaders to warn them, told by McConnell not to say anything to the public otherwise risk the ire of the GOP and then in fact said nothing to the wider public. If I were president and could do pretty much what I wanted whilst concocting a plan to push a conspiracy about Russia - staying quiet is definitely something I would consider.

Soldato
A 'super duper missile', really? The guy really is a grade-A ******* moron.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/15/super-duper-missile-us-trump-military

Let's ignore the fact that all current MIRVs are hypersonic by their very nature and take Russia's Avangard as an example. That is capable Mach 20+, so 17 times that is Mach 340. So Trump has just announced they're going to build a missile capable of Mach 340 (261K MPH)? That could get to the Moon in an hour. This I have to see.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Honestly, who cares though? This thread has run its course.

Why are you so desperate to see this thread closed?

===============================

Something that isnt CT. More dodgy deeds from Trump. Anyone who dares question his position of power (through Barr in this instance) is removed. So to recap, No one is allowed to open any further investigation on Trump without explicit approval from Barr (which will never happen). If anyone investigates anyone in his administration, Trump in turn will remove them. :eek: Right nothing to see here nor abuse of power.

The US state department's inspector general, Steve Linick, has become the latest senior official to be fired by US President Donald Trump. Mr Trump said Mr Linick no longer had his full confidence and that he would be removed in 30 days.
Mr Linick had begun investigating Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for suspected abuse of office, reports say

"It is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as inspectors general. That is no longer the case with regard to this inspector general," Mr Trump is quoted as saying in a letter sent late on Friday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, US media report. Not long after Mr Linick's dismissal was announced, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee said Mr Linick had opened an investigation into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

"This firing is the outrageous act of a president trying to protect one of his most loyal supporters, the secretary of state, from accountability," Eliot Engel, a Democrat, said in a statement. I have learned that the Office of the Inspector General had opened an investigation into Secretary Pompeo. Mr Linick's firing amid such a probe strongly suggests that this is an unlawful act of retaliation."

Source

Last edited:
Soldato
No, no it's not.

I've already told you this and you ignored it, it's common knowledge that Flynn was accepting money and attending gala dinners thrown by Russia Today, where he even sat next to Putin, way back in 2015, that's a full year before that idiot on twitter claims "the Obama administration was deploying a full-court-press using their media allies to promote the Russia conspiracy".

Are you seriously saying that if an ex-Army lieutenant general started taking money from your biggest historic enemy, taking jollies to Russia, sitting down to dinner with an ex-KGB spy, and he hadn't followed the rules that say he must notify the department of defense and state department that it wouldn't raise alarm bells with you? Because if not you really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Soldato
Trump is basically an autocrat now. The IG is there to police the departments of government and is independent of the Executive Branch but now if they dare to question Trump's administration he fires them. If Obama had fired an IG for doing their job the GOP and Fox News would have lost their minds. It would be wall to wall coverage and talk of impeachment and they would have a point.

It was argued for a long time in the SC thread.
No it wasn't. You have a very poor memory. I remember very well what was argued. You've luckily changed what they were saying to be simple so you can fight it better. I guess it was too complex for you to remember. Maybe you go post in speakers thread and we can find it in there for you :p

They even supplied a pretty diagram for you and that was too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom