Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I did google it and pages of articles but not the one that was originally posted. Thanks for posting the link.

Your welcome! And I'm genuinely glad you read it :) (My degree was in molecular genetics and I always had a keen interest in Virology)

Which post by murphy, i have slept since then...

This one, it was in reply to Panos (and the last 2 lines in reply to Tang0)

You asked who got convicted, not about supposed rouge agents, arm twisting, threatening of families, or any of that other tosh that's just spilled out. Quiet honestly that undermines your position even more because what you're essentially saying is that all the people convicted thought it was better to lie their asses off rather than let the truth out, that despite being supposedly innocent they didn't want to prove that innocents in the court.

Innocent people don't plead guilty unless they've got something to hide, and you know why they don't? It's because they know, without any shadow of doubt, that they're innocent and typical want to prove it.

So rather than address the points i raised you've resorted to ad hominem attacks, you stay classy.

How about instead you point out where i made a petty insult or was patronising in tone?

Soldato
Your welcome! And I'm genuinely glad you read it :) (My degree was in molecular genetics and I always had a keen interest in Virology)

This one, it was in reply to Panos (and the last 2 lines in reply to Tang0)

So rather than address the points i raised you've resorted to ad hominem attacks, you stay classy.

How about instead you point out where i made a petty insult or was patronising in tone?

I think these comments deflected from the discussion (Gen flynn) based.

Caporegime
So seeing as twitter is now fact checking the orange jackass.
Has he had his daily meltdown over it??

It’s great to see Twitter, one of his favourite social media platforms to spew his stupidity, is now fact checking him lol.

Soldato
I didn't call it that... :rolleyes:
You've called it both the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' and 'Wuhan virus' so you're just splitting hairs now, and TBH based on your past failures to have conversations in good faith there seems to be little point in bothering about semantics as despite all the evidence you're incapable of accepting when you're wrong.
Using 'Wuhan Virus' isn't hate speech when it's factual, so why don't you rethink that.
Technically it is the 'Wuhan Virus', using the term Chinese is too vague.
I don't watch much as Wuhan virus coverage is completely saturating the news.
You do know people can search the forums for what you've said in the past, right?
I did based on CNN's usage.
This is exactly what i mean, how many times has it been now that that's been explained to you? I know for a fact this will be the third time that I've explained to you that they only called it that when it did not have an official name and when it did they stopped using that name and started using it's official name, the question is why haven't you?
You are deflecting now as i did not ask about how trump is handling the pandemic.
No, other people were discussing that and you took things off topic by referring to it as the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' (happy now?), and since then we've been trying to establish if you're doing that because you're a racist or if you have a credible alternative explanation, something you've gone to great efforts to avoid.

I would've thought you'd jump at the chance to put forward your side of the story, to tell everyone why calling it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' months after it's been given an official taxonomical name is not intended to stigmatize a particular race of people as I, and i suspect others, assume it is.

Soldato
You've called it both the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' and 'Wuhan virus' so you're just splitting hairs now, and TBH based on your past failures to have conversations in good faith there seems to be little point in bothering about semantics as despite all the evidence you're incapable of accepting when you're wrong.

You do know people can search the forums for what you've said in the past, right?

This is exactly what i mean, how many times has it been now that that's been explained to you? I know for a fact this will be the third time that I've explained to you that they only called it that when it did not have an official name and when it did they stopped using that name and started using it's official name, the question is why haven't you?

No, other people were discussing that and you took things off topic by referring to it as the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' (happy now?), and since then we've been trying to establish you're doing that because you're a racist or if you have a credible alternative explanation, something you've gone to great efforts to avoid.

I would've thought you'd jump at the chance to put forward your side of the story, to tell everyone why calling it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' months after it's been given an official taxonomical name is not intended to stigmatize a particular race of people as I, and i suspect other, assume it is.

Still looking for something that does not exist, yawn OK.

Freakbro did your work for you anyway.

Soldato
I think these comments deflected from the discussion (Gen flynn) based.
So you're saying that pointing out that someone failed to address the points someone else raised and telling them not attempt throwing in a red herring (literally an attempt to misleads or distracts from a relevant or important question) by using ad hominem attacks is somehow in-itself deflection.
Still looking for something that does not exist, yawn OK.

Freakbro did your work for you anyway.
What are you on about, what am i looking for and what work would that be?

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Sorry, I thought your initial question was because you actually wanted to know the answer and as such might have put a modicum of effort in finding it (like type into google :p) when someone pointed you the direction. But, none the less, here you go

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-0709-x

Not sure that's the exact article Snail was referring to, but it goes into some depth about the reasoning behind why the nomenclature of Virus taxonomy is based on the classical Linnaean hierarchical system of organisms.

Now that I answered your question, can you please answer mine and explain to me what in Murphys post was a deflection?
The article I was referring to is

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01009-0

it dissects the issues surrounding naming a virus after a geographical location.

Soldato
They should just automatically put a **NEEDS CITATION** on any of his tweets that can’t be verified. (Basically all of them I guess?!)

Or make it like the justice zone in Red Dwarf. So if he tweets some untrue rubbish it deletes it and posts #Biden2020 or something in support of whatever he posted against. :D

Soldato
So seeing as twitter is now fact checking the orange jackass.
Has he had his daily meltdown over it??

It’s great to see Twitter, one of his favourite social media platforms to spew his stupidity, is now fact checking him lol.
Accusing someone of murder is overstepping the mark but he doesn't seem phased by it.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Perfect place for him and his flock then.

It appears spanky has just woken up,

He is grumpy this morning

Notice how his beef with Twitter and other social media platforms suddenly becomes the focus of his talking point for no better reason because his ego was bruised after he got embarrassed by Twitter. What a complete man child. Can you imagine any other past President regardless if Rep or Den behaved like this?

Accusing someone of murder is overstepping the mark but he doesn't seem phased by it.

Exactly if anyone else did this to Trump, you would never get away with it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Notice how his beef with Twitter and other social media platforms suddenly becomes the focus of his talking point for no better reason because his ego was bruised after he got embarrassed by Twitter. What a complete man child. Can you imagine of any other past President regardless if Rep or Den behaved like this?

I suspect the whole.... You know... Millions of people dying thing has just fallen off his list of priorities completely. He just doesn't give a toss anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom