Done Codecademy, what now?

Suspended
Morning :)

I just finished off Codecademy's most basic course yesterday which covered the basics of HTML and CSS. The next suggested part covers Jquery and JavaScript, but is this the way I should be going? I would've thought that I should focus more on what I've learned already before going into other languages to prevent me confusing myself, or am I looking at this wrong?

If anyone has any ideas on what to do next, I'd greatly appreciate it as although I thoroughly enjoyed the first part of Codecademy's course, I don't really know where to go from here.

Suspended
OP
Thanks for your reply.

I don't know what to do though, I don't feel confident in my HTML abilities at all, yet Codecademy is telling me to start with other things. Surely it'd make more sense to seek out more advancement in HTML before beginning on something completely different?

Suspended
OP
Thanks folks. That Udemy course looks great, I'm going to enrol for it right now!

I'll give that a go and see where it takes me. I've got a very specific idea in mind for a website but the more research I do into it, it would appear that I need to learn everything from smoke signals to the Matrix code :confused:

Still, loving this coding stuff. It's great to do it as a hobby with no pressure. Thanks for the replies all, I'll be sure to pick your brains again when I can't figure out how to do the next stupid thing :p

Suspended
OP
There is a popular course on Udemy you might be interested in where you build 14 websites. its £157 but you can use the coupon code - SUMMER1001
and get it for £8

https://www.udemy.com/complete-web-developer-course/?dtcode=wclz7LB2ZqaO

Just a quick update, this course is bloody brilliant. I've learned tons already and it's good fun too. It's not daunting, the lecturer explains things very well without dwelling on topics for too long. He does occasionay use phrases / terminology which I have to google as I don't know what he's talking about but this is very rare and it only takes a couple of seconds to find out. Best £8 I've ever spent.

Suspended
OP
Cheers all.

Tonight I decided to take this a bit more seriously, so I scrambled all my unused tech and stuff around the house and built a little desky study thingy.

i3 3220, 4gb ram, 750ti, 80gb SSD and a 2tb HDD. Nothing flash but it suits this purpose perfectly.

Time to take this learning to a whole new level. Next stop, degree :D

nWOJ0lNh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom