Doom 3 - BFG edition

Soldato
If Quake 4 was called something else nobody would be complaining. It's a perfectly decent game in its own right, recently played through it again with the sik mod, great fun.

It's just not what people were expecting from the mostly multiplayer Quake franchise.

Permabanned
fraps + sony vegas

Thanks I will check fraps out, I tried it a few times and the output size was huge, I did start to use MSi but I find the recordings can be a bit dark, even with gamma correction or w/e it is ticked. You probs have a mega upload speed though as well which would help. Mine is only 8.5meg down and 512k up :(

Permabanned
Actually watched the Doom movie for the first time about two weeks ago. Shockingly bad, and yet strangely entertaining at the same time :)

Yeah action flick for a rainy day :D

haha youll cry then cause you know how big that video was i just uploaded ?

4gig :D

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
even that is on the decline, don't see too many devs lining up to license any of their latest engines compared to what the likes of quake 3 had.

They don't license their engines anymore, they stopped that before Rage (well, I think Zenimax had something to do with it)

They never originally did want to license out their tech.. they used to demand insane amounts of money back in the day in the hopes that it would put companies off from asking them for a license, but a lot of them agreed and paid up.. :)

Associate
I wasn't going to buy this, but when ordering my new kit from OCuk I noticed they had it on pre-order so chucked it in the basket.

I will definitely do another play through. If I remember correctly I've only done the original game, and expansion pack once. Although god knows when I will get around to doing it.

This does bring back some memories of grabbing the Doom 3 Alpha which hit via usenet. Jesus I was so excited. I'm not really sure of id today, but my love of the FPS genre comes from two things. Doom via serial, and Quakeworld via Wireplay & Barrysworld. So I will continue to support them.

Caporegime
They don't license their engines anymore, they stopped that before Rage (well, I think Zenimax had something to do with it)

They never originally did want to license out their tech.. they used to demand insane amounts of money back in the day in the hopes that it would put companies off from asking them for a license, but a lot of them agreed and paid up.. :)

At the time it was a source of revenue for them though, i remember Carmack a while back stated that epic "ate their lunch" in the liscensing respect of things.

That was fine and good when they weren't owned by anyone, now they are and have people to answer to if they don't deliver. Id doubt zenimax were very happy with the reception rage got, just seemed to be a one week wonder then people stopped caring.

Caporegime

I remember that footage at the time knocked everyones socks off, then the leak was the icing on the cake. Seemed to have the kernel of a good game but never really delivered.

Soldato
It was always going to suffer for coming out around the same time as HL2 anyway. Personally I preferred Doom 3 and would still take it over HL2 if I had to choose.

Come at me bros. :eek:

Caporegime
Nice to see the monsters not disappearing after they die. I also prefer the sound / colour of the imp projectile. Love the physics when the zombie slides down the stairs. :D

Back
Top Bottom