Doorbell and CCTV systems

Associate
Hi all,

Doing some research for my Dad into securing the house.

We want 3 outdoor cameras to record / stream etc & a video doorbell as well.

What’s the best package to get or is it better to get the cameras on one system and a simple ring / nest doorbell type thing to have as the doorbell separately?

Recommendations would be appreciated as I’m getting confused! :)

Thanks and happy new year…

Associate
I have ring currently, but if I was to do it again I would most likely go for the Reolink offerings using POE. Key things for me was minimal amount of apps and wife friendly. With ring, the alarm, cameras and doorbell are all in the one app.

Associate
Probably not very helpful, but I had a meeting the other day with a guy from a large UK security firm. He basically said the average thief is an opportunist looking for an open window or unlocked door, a professional thief will get in no matter what if they want to. He secures his valuables inside in a top class safe and outside he said lots of lighting is the best deterrent.

Soldato
What’s the best package to get or is it better to get the cameras on one system and a simple ring / nest doorbell type thing to have as the doorbell separately?

A lot of the security camera manufacturers make a video doorbell as well, so probably best to go for a single brand and there is probably some system integration available. For a list of most of the manufacturers' websites see these video doorbells and CCTV systems pages.

I would say Reolink is generally quite well regarded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom