download link for windows 7

Caporegime
What, RTM or RC?

RTM you can get through your microsoft licensing portal (the only way you'd have a key for RTM is through volume licensing).

RC is no longer available for download through legitimate means.

Caporegime
Is it possible to turn the trial into the full product as and when our Volume Licensing agreement is amended? Just curious as it says that the product key is embedded.

Or would it involve a rebuild?

Soldato
Is it possible to turn the trial into the full product as and when our Volume Licensing agreement is amended? Just curious as it says that the product key is embedded.

Or would it involve a rebuild?

If you open up Control Panel and then navigate to the "Systems" section where it shows you which edition you have installed and the Windows Experience Index score amongst a few other things, there is an option to change the product key and after you have entered your Windows 7 Enterprise product key, I presume it will activate just the same as if you downloaded and installed Windows 7 from places like Technet and MSDN and used the supplied key.

I can't see any reason why that wouldn't work.

Use this until you can get a real version of 7. Buy it now, whilst it's still cheap

Indeed. If you can afford to purchase Windows 7 now, it's defiantly worth putting an order it for it.

I should have really said that Windows 7 will be released by the time the Windows 7 Enterprise trial will run out since it's available to purchase now, you just won't receive it yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom