Download Pc

Associate
Hello all.

I have a spare PC which I want to keep in the garage on 24/7. What I would like to do is control all the actions via the main pc in the house. I want to be able to turn the house pc off and keep the other pc running/downloading.
I also want to store files on the pc and pull them up on my house pc.

What....

Is the best opperating system for this.

And what sort of other hardware/software do I need?

Regards,

Iain

Ive just recently set up a download server out of spare parts. I simply use Windows Xp's remote desktop control to control it from my main machine. Ive set up the password and login name in the settings, so that I simply have to click on a shortcut and the server window pops up.

messiah khan said:
Ive just recently set up a download server out of spare parts. I simply use Windows Xp's remote desktop control to control it from my main machine. Ive set up the password and login name in the settings, so that I simply have to click on a shortcut and the server window pops up.

Also don't use wireless!! When it comes to transfering large amounts of downloaded DATA to be backed-up/burnt to CD/DVD then it will be painfully slow and annoying over WiFi. Personally I use Gigabit and can transfer a 4.36Gb image in under 98seconds :D

Yeah if your looking at a LOT of data, seriously consider cabling. Avoid wireless as said, I use and its pretty annoying but fortunately I only ever stream little mp3's.

Back
Top Bottom