Downsizing but without loss of quality?

Soldato
How do!

In a few months I'll be moving onto revamp my office space here at home. I'm currently flanked by x2 Bowers & Wilkins 606 speakers (in black) sat on x2 Atacama Moseco 10 speaker stands (Ggloss black / natural bamboo). I'll admit they are a bit over powering in looks, quite noticeable, and I thought for the revamp of the room is there a bookshelf speaker which exists that is:
  • smaller in size (see below for current size)
  • perhaps in a light wood finish to blend better with furniture and not stand out like black does
  • that can offer the same (if not better) sound quality and range?
I'm not tied to any brand. They don't have to be be bi-wireable. And I have a sub which can pick up any slack in the lower ranges if required. I know you can get the Bowers & Wilkins 606 S3 in light oak but perhaps a change of brand might be good. Along with not having to spend £699!
  • Height: 344 mm (13.6 in) cabinet only
  • Width: 189 mm (7.4 in) cabinet only
  • Depth: 300 mm (11.8 in) cabinet only
These are powered by a Bluesound POWERNODE (Wireless Music Streaming Amplifier). 60 - 99w per channel.

I'd definitely sell the Bowers & Wilkins 606 to help recoupe costs.

Thanks for anyone that can help in finding potentially some new speakers for me! :)

Soldato
OP
New speakers arrived today. And wow, they are canny little things. Just shows how the 606's dominated the room. Far too big for the small office space. I managed to get trade in on the 606's as well, which is nice.

I still have the REL HT 1003 to back them up on the bass. Offical figure is 51Hz but I've set the crossover to a more reasonable 60Hz.

And with their size I've managed to push the stands back about an inch and half closer to the wall (still got about 6 inches between the speaker and the wall). Sound already seems more centralised to my ears and treble is smoother than the 606's.

Burning them in at the moment. :)

Dali-Oberon-1.jpg

Dali-Oberon-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom