DPD 'awaiting delivery of parcel'

Soldato
Hi

anyone had any experience of this? I ordered an SSD yesterday around lunch, order was processed by OCUK quickly, around 2 or 3pm and I had the shipping email. Waiting for delivery today and nada, so I check up on the DPD website and it lists the status as 'awaiting receipt of parcel' despite the collection date being yesterday? Does this mean DPD has yet to receive the parcel - any thoughts or experiences?

Parcel No -------
Senders Ref 3705423
Consignment ----------
Post Code WC1V
Collected Date 23 Nov 2010
Service expresspak dpd next day
Delivery Status Awaiting receipt of parcel

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah im a dumbass, the actual message is 'awaiting receipt of parcel' which is more worrying as they havent got it yet. Ive opened a ticket, lets see how it goes.

str

str

Soldato
Did you receive your delivery?

For me it has Collected Date of 02 Dec 2010 but it hasn't arrived yet and the Delivery Status is Awaiting receipt of parcel. :confused:

Associate
I've got one like this, i put it down to the snow. When i called they said they are behind. The parcel COULD be in one of the depots, just awaiting its next move.

I've got one sat in Birmingham, but it says exactly the same as yours is. Give them a call. They are quite helpful :)

Associate

+2

DPD will not have taken orders that are going to places where the snow is bad, not because the snow between OcUK and the depot is bad but because the destination depot will have had items just building up over several days and not going anywhere. Better to have the items stay at the source until there is a hint of the weather letting up and then rush everything. Just got an order that technically should have been delivered on wednesday, but with the state of the roads here I'm not surprised they couldn't make it
EDIT - DPD driver I spoke to says they have a backlog of 4 full lorries of stuff to deliver, and that's just Edinburgh.

Associate
Same problem here, Not really bothered about my new PC not arriving today although really hope it arrives tomorrow however the infomation on the website could be a lot better.

Would rather have "On the way to depo" than awaiting receipt blah blah

Soldato
I ordered a BENQ monitor yesterday and received a email this morning telling me it had been shipped. The snow and ice has all but gone round my area so hoping i get it this week sometime.

Last edited:
Associate
Just called them - This message means that they have got the parcel and it's stored at their sorting office becuase local depos arnt accepting anymore packages until they got the backlog cleared. Ours is 3 days.

Would help is OCUK would let customers know and use a different courier.

Man of Honour
Would help is OCUK would let customers know and use a different courier.
How will using a different courier help - they're all having the same problem!

If you take a look on the city link website they're listing the status of each depot. Most of the Scottish ones are plain closed, there are several across the country which have artics worth to unload and sort. Some have nothing to deliver because the artics can't get to them.

Back
Top Bottom