** Dragon Ball Fighter Z **

Soldato
Beerus is an obscure character (mentioned in the game-play video)?
Hmmm...... that's debatable considering that he's been in probably 100+ episodes of DBS and is more or less responsible for introducing the Z fighters to gods and extra universes.

Soldato
OP
Spent the best part of three hours playing this last night. Bloody shattered now. It's just so much fun... Very technical too.

I've learned a lot. Can't wait for the full game to come out!

Soldato
Not a big fan of DBZ but liked the games for the fast-paced fighting and ridiculous Ultimates, this one's really fun and keeps up that tradition only that it's more technical and oldschool which is great.

Soldato
Hopefully this is going to be good.

Fighting looks good and reminds me of mvc3 so I just picked it up.

It's £34 on gameplanet with code "BALLZ" if anyone looking to buy it.

oops didnt see this was console section

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone could point me in the right direction regarding the basics? The game is great fun but I have virtually no experience with 2d fighters and even though I've watched a couple of tutorials I'm still somewhat lost. What are some reliable manual combos I should focus on and a good starting team? I've only played for around an hour so far and I can do instant air dashes and some manual combos but jump cancels and stuff feels alien to me to the point that I wouldn't be able to pull it off reliably in a real match...

Soldato
Check out youtubers like maximillan Dood. He offers some good guidance.

Well, I kinda got used to it and jump cancels aren't exactly hard. It's just completely different than Tekken and combos feel "loose". I wish I could do the harder ones with 2m catch after vanish or more precise assists but the timing's still too weird for me.

Back
Top Bottom