Dragon Quest XI PlayStation 4

Soldato
Hey noxia how far am into the game now.

Spoilers...

Got all the orbs and I'm in the first forest making my way to the alter.

I'm early 30's for my levels feel over powered through out the game so far.

maybe like 40%, the post game is kinda longer than the first part but you'll see later why I cant say anything as to why that is but really it's silly to call it post game as it's very much part of the whole thing. You'll see what I mean

Soldato
I'm about 20 hours in and I'm just not really feeling this, the battles are either laughably easy or a war of attrition against bosses who hit like trucks, inflict multiple statuses and get 2-3 attacks in a row. The main character has no personality and I'm finding it hard to care what happens.

On the upside it does look nice but well it's just kind of boring and I say that as someone who usually loves a good JRPG.

Soldato
I'm about 20 hours in and I'm just not really feeling this, the battles are either laughably easy or a war of attrition against bosses who hit like trucks, inflict multiple statuses and get 2-3 attacks in a row. The main character has no personality and I'm finding it hard to care what happens.

On the upside it does look nice but well it's just kind of boring and I say that as someone who usually loves a good JRPG.

This was how I felt around the same hour mark. I moved on but glad some enjoyed it
Started Ni No Kuni 2 last night and visually it's stunning

Soldato

I didn't play on hard mode and as you say 99% the battles are easy and then you get an insane difficulty spike on a boss. But, there is usually a tactic to use like, some are susceptible to sleep/dizzy whatever. Main character is boring yes, as he never speaks you don't get any more of a personality other than he's the hero.
I saw one reviewer saying DQ games like 'comfort food' , it all looks really nice etc but there isn't much substance behind it. It's all just very pleasant.

Soldato
OP
Hey noxia I'm on the last boss, what level were you when you faced him, I'm having a bit of trouble beating the second fight. My party are in their early 50's.

Back
Top Bottom