Dream Office

Soldato
OP
why the **** would you join up just to post that nonsense......you getting ready for the good ole second post 'just spotted this coworking space you should have looked at' link and run??

Haha, a very strange post thats for sure!

Not a massive change but I just upgraded to the Crucial Ballistix 64gb kit (2 x 32gb) from the 32GB kit, I am a business analyst and have had a couple of models hit 32GB so figured I would add some more.

Soldato
OP
Ver nice and clean setup, bet it's nice chilling in there working on stuff, wish I had that space lol

Thanks, yeah it is so good to be honest.

Been a member of these forums for over 18 years (I was a kid then) and I always marvelled at the setups that people have had over the years. Feel very lucky to now have the tech I have always lusted over.

Associate
Thanks, yeah it is so good to be honest.

Been a member of these forums for over 18 years (I was a kid then) and I always marvelled at the setups that people have had over the years. Feel very lucky to now have the tech I have always lusted over.

Know the feeling as I've been doing similar lol, unfortunately will prob never have the space for that though lol

Soldato
OP
Haha fine.

I have travelled a fair amount of the country including the large rainforest sand islands (Fraser & Moreton)

Never seen a croc other than at the zoo, I live on the coast in the middle of the east coast, they are all up the top 1200+ miles away.

Rarely see a spider, probably saw just as many in England to be honest. Never seen a Redback or Funnel Web, Huntsman’s are more common however they can't bite, they are fast as hell though so can make you jump. We have our house sprayed every year which kills any insects/pests that cross any of the thresholds or edges of the house.

Seen a fair few snakes, although never in a residential area that isn’t on acreage, Browns and Red Bellies are the ones to be careful of, particularly Browns as they are pretty aggressive and can do some serious damage.

To be honest, the "dangerous creature" thing is blown a little out of proportion, its nowhere near what people make it out to be. If you really go looking for them you will find them but for 99.9999% of your life you will never see anything. Magpies in swooping season, now that is a different story lol!

Permabanned
To be honest, the "dangerous creature" thing is blown a little out of proportion, its nowhere near what people make it out to be. If you really go looking for them you will find them but for 99.9999% of your life you will never see anything. Magpies in swooping season, now that is a different story lol!

Just shows you what social media can do and years of talk about something until someone debunks it.

Soldato
OP
Just shows you what social media can do and years of talk about something until someone debunks it.

Haha so true, the "meanwhile in Australia" ones always make me laugh.

I guess another way of looking at it is that most people wouldnt associate America with dangrous animals in the same way they would Australia.

Yet they have Bears, Sharks, Black Widows and Recluse Spiders, Rattlesnakes, Cottonmouth, Copperhead and Coral Snakes. I am sure not a common sighting, but there if you go looking in the right places.

Australia is an amazing country and the quality of life is on another level (in my view). I have completely fallen in love with it, there are things I miss but that list is small I am afraid to say.

OcUK Staff
That looks superb, also just done similar and pretty much finished our office / gaming room:

FE3FEEBA-654E-4A47-ACB7-9D83A976413F.jpeg

Still considering wall mounting monitors and also some planning on a 6ft fish tank on opposite wall out of view.

Desk is a 4m piece of oak, also oak floating shelf’s.

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the thread revival but for some reason I never saw the picture when you originally posted.

Love the setup, been thing of getting some Alex drawers for mine to put in the centre of the desk, looks great.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Does the one PC run both those huge monitors/setup OP?

Yeah so the PC in the centre (in signature) has display port cables running to each monitor. My wife works on the left one and I work on the right one, I am Business/Data analyst and deal with big data so need the real estate when working. I game on the left hand monitor as it has really good response times and refresh rates, along with G Sync etc.

Both monitors are also Thunderbolt/USB C so also run work and personal laptops as well. Keyboard and Mice then plug into each monitor so they work on a KVM with whichever device is using the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom