Dreamweaver CS6 FTP Browser?

Soldato
Just got Dreamweaver CS6, and I can't seem to find something.

There used to be an option to setup an FTP Only Site.

So rather than having to setup a local folder with files in, I could just remotely connect to the FTP Site to view the files on the FTP site.

Does this make sense? :p

After loading up Dreamweaver go to the Site menu -> Manage Sites. Then click on "New Site" and you'll b able to set up your site from in there which includes the local and remote server details. Once that is all setup and assuming you've put in the FTP details for the remote server, on your files tab on the side of the main Dreamweaver screen you should be able to see your local files, click the "connect to remote server" button just above the file directory and you should then connect to your remote server.

Personally I never touch the remote server with Dreamweaver and use FireFTP instead as I have more control, I do use Dreamweaver for my testing server though which is local.

Thanks for help but you can of missed my point.

In previous Dreamweaver's you could connect to an FTP without setting up a site with local files.

So basically just a way to view a remote FTP server from within Dreamweaver.

I know what you mean but that's the thing, from DW CS4 or CS5 onwards this is the only way to access the FTP option to the server and that's to setup a website (manage) one.

Back
Top Bottom