• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

I've got an awful feeling the next drivers are going to be just as bad. Nvidia's lack of communication on the issue (see guru3d thread) suggests to me they have a big problem. If it was easy to fix these TDR's they would have rolled out a hotfix ages ago.

I just got a desktop crash today after 2 days of no issues. Opened an excel document, that was it!

And one just now, as I was about to post this! (hardware acceleration off in chrome, afterburner polling rate set to 6000. All horse**** placebo. The drivers are simply broken)

I just got a desktop crash today after 2 days of no issues. Opened an excel document, that was it!

Sucks :( As I was saying to people with all their possible fixes, it's all a Placebo. Thankfully I've had no crashes at all this week, but that doesn't mean I wont get one any time soon. These latest drivers are really bad

Last edited:
Try the ones in the op, going to add another now

Cheers mate. I've only noticed this now I've come back to doing more gaming. I can go a couple of hours without a drop to desktop but it's always the same error in the event viewer. Never had anything like this with my GTX560Ti!

Seems to be deathly silence from NVidia - is it not possible to leverage OcUK and get them to pester a rep? Sorry if that's been suggested already, haven't read the whole thread.

Seems to be deathly silence from NVidia - is it not possible to leverage OcUK and get them to pester a rep? Sorry if that's been suggested already, haven't read the whole thread.

Well one of the Nvidia guys came into Guru3D said they wanted people to come forward, page after page of comments stepped up to help out. ManualG said a fix was found, then nothing for days! Finally a Game Ready Driver comes out which only adds a Batman profile with no mention to any issues with TDR or any of the crashes which are all over the place on different forums.

The latest drivers were awful on my card, went back a few drivers, no problems since. It seems what ever Nvidia did when fixing performance problems for older cards borked more modern ones

Well one of the Nvidia guys came into Guru3D said they wanted people to come forward, page after page of comments stepped up to help out. ManualG said a fix was found, then nothing for days! Finally a Game Ready Driver comes out which only adds a Batman profile with no mention to any issues with TDR or any of the crashes which are all over the place on different forums.

The latest drivers were awful on my card, went back a few drivers, no problems since. It seems what ever Nvidia did when fixing performance problems for older cards borked more modern ones

Yeah I it can't be a coincidence. They did something to un-gimp Kepler based cards and now Maxwell has problems.

Still no fix since 350.12, I am surprised tbh. Thought Nvidia would have done something by now.

Could they have separate drivers for different architectures. To maximise performance per architecture?

Back
Top Bottom