• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

my screen just turning off and not coming on until I replug the HDMI cable might be caused by this driver issue. I've ordered a cable rated for a higher bandwidth fopr 4k/60 fairly cheaply online to rule that out and I already have a latest spec SLI bridge from Republic of gamers.

ManuelG said:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up for the hotfix driver to address desktop TDR issues users have been reporting with the most recent drivers. The hotfix driver has passed QA testing and we have also reached out to a dozen end users who have posted feedback that they were experiencing desktop TDRs with drivers 352.86 and above and those users all came back saying the driver fixed the issue for them. The hotfix driver will be posted later today. This driver also includes a fix for a bug that would introduce a 5 second delay when alt-tab in a game if you have an SLI configuration with a G-sync monitor

With the 353.06 (and onwards) drivers being the only one's for the 980ti is that a bit of a problem? I have a 970 and they all give me those issues and I'm back on 350.12, but have ordered a 980ti.

I hope not :(

Although hopefully those hotfixes come soon.

To quote myself and reply now that I know the answer is, yes, they still have display driver crashes with the 980ti and because there are only two versions out at the moment, that doesn't leave you with much choice.
Although, had it two days and it just happened.

Edit: Why the hell doesn't the hotfix driver show on nvidia's driver and/or beta/all driver page?!

I am running the 347.88 drivers and it runs stable on benchmarks for hours no problem at my current OC but then when playing games it just does the driver crash the window loses focus and it resets my drivers back to the stock clocks.....Not got a clue, also not sure where to get advice on it.
I had made a thread a few days ago so maybe here would be a good place to try and sort it out?
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18678607 Reason for this being I have yet to see any reviews on my version of the 980 so I am playing the dark with this.

Also is there a link to the new hotfix? if so is it any good so far?

EDIT: been on the site for the hotfix looks like it is a very mixed bag with results.

Last edited:
353.38 working great for me,with the 353.30 i would get a GTA 5 crash every 10 to 30 mintutes, with the 353.38 i played upto 2hrs last night with no crash.
Its amazing how people have problems and dont:confused:

I can't believe how many people are still having " Driver has stopped responding " problems and have gone back to the 350.12's with complete stability. Since using the latest 353.51 ( Leaked driver ) I was getting these damn TDR's again, then again on the 353.49. So now I'm back on the 353.38 which previously was completely stable. :rolleyes:

Here are other driver feedbacks

EVGA GTX 780ti Superclocked ACX:

Current status: I never had any Chrome or Opera or Mozilla or ETC crash what so ever with any driver ever, just recently i had problems with games crashing, starting with 352.86:

353.06, 353.30, 353.48 hotfix and 353.49 hotfix cause confirmed crashes/TDR/(Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.) in Witcher 3 anywhere between 10 minutes to 4 hours of playing it.

352.86 causes confirmed crashes/TDR/(Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.) in Kholat(Unreal 4 survival/horror/mystery game) and Garry's Mod anywhere between 1 to 3 hours of playing them.

Reverted back to the GTAV drivers 350.12 and I am enjoying the full stability i used to have for 10 months straight in games, no crashes/TDR/(Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.)

Had the first TDR with driver version 353.49 today on my EVGA gtx980ti SC+ while GPU was in idle state, no game was running.

These driver issues are not just Maxwell issues, Kepler too. I have GTX 780ti and have issues with TDRs if use any driver higher than 350.12.

Back
Top Bottom