• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

According to NVIDIA they're still investigating the reason for so many TDRs and video scheduler internal error BSOD's.

Also worth noting that on my end I had two BSOD's with Witcher 3 Patch 1.07, and 7 crashes within 12 minute period. Something is a foot on both ends, NVIDIA and CDPR.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...353-49-released-7-8-15-/post/4597676/#4597676

I downloaded 353.49, but I'm not sure I want to try it now. I've had the best luck and 'stability' with 353.06 and Witcher 3 1.06

According to NVIDIA they're still investigating the reason for so many TDRs and video scheduler internal error BSOD's.

It started after users complained that Kepler performance was nerfed :o

I'm staying on 353.38 until Nvidia get their act together for good

User said - Was just about to post on the other hotfix that I still had crashes on Witcher 3 with my 680 card. Guess i'll try this one too before i get real upset.

ManualG - That is still something we are investigating.

It started after users complained that Kepler performance was nerfed :o

I'm staying on 353.38 until Nvidia get their act together for good

I'm not sure which one I want. Might try .49 and see how it goes. It's just so damn annoying. Since I built my system it's been 100% stable, until I got the 980Ti's and been on NV's latest drivers :(

So much performance, but these issues are madness.

I'm not sure which one I want. Might try .49 and see how it goes. It's just so damn annoying. Since I built my system it's been 100% stable, until I got the 980Ti's and been on NV's latest drivers :(

So much performance, but these issues are madness.

Might be worth trying the .51 drivers.

Touch wood, they've been stable for me for a couple of days now.

Holy moly, I just started reading more through the 353.49 driver thread and the sheer amount of issues with crashes in the Witcher 3 is mental. I'll be avoiding these as well, and still be stuck on 353.06.

None of my AMD using friends have had anything like these. :(

Might be worth trying the .51 drivers.

Touch wood, they've been stable for me for a couple of days now.

I wish I never left the 350.12's lol but I'm not psychic :(

To be honest until I switched to the 980Ti's I never had issues like that, and it's all down to the 353.06 drivers.

To think I ran Witcher 3 for longer with less issues on my old GTX 580, albiet not even close to the same graphical fidelity. I hope NVIDIA get's this sorted, I'm not too patient after dealing with the same issues for months. Looking to see if I can get Xfire Fury X W3 performance at my in-game settings, and if they're similar I'll swap over to that until Pascal is out.

For what it's worth I've not had a single crash yet with the 353.38 drivers! Before these I had constant desktop crashes (not games) with every single 353.xx before these. I'm sticking on these for the foreseeable.

For what it's worth I've not had a single crash yet with the 353.38 drivers! Before these I had constant desktop crashes (not games) with every single 353.xx before these. I'm sticking on these for the foreseeable.

I'd stay on those, don't even bother with the new ones. If it works leave it alone, one thing I never learn :D

Do you two guys mind telling me what cards and screens you're using please?

im using EVGA SC ACX 2.0 GTX 970 and monitor is - Asus VN279Q 27" Widescreen Super-Slim Bezel LED Monitor - Black

EDIT - sorry if thats too late. just had like 4 crashes from the latest drivers updated today and was searching for the drivers i last had. found this in "my posts" list and didnt realise the date it was asked.

Last edited:
Yes sorry this was in reply to feedback for 353.38. What were you doing at the time and what driver? It's never too late for feedback.

Still not had any issues on 353 at all on my TX rig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom