• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Soldato
Those with the Witcher 3 watch your oc's. After the latest patch my mates graphics card oc's made the game unstable while being fine on the patch before. This is on the Amd side. The game would freeze and kick him to Desktop. Backed of the clocks on his 290x crossfire and the game ran great again.

I know this is on the Amd side but for some it could add extra crashes not due to the Driver.

Soldato
Stay on topic guys.... For a change

Still no issues with 350

If, as you say Mike, AB or precission x could be causing issues then it defo a Nvidia driver issue causing them to now be unstable.

Caporegime
ok then just getting mixed signals from you because I read a post the other day saying you much prefer single card freesync gaming now you're saying you still use crossfire for most games.

Point being if AMD were on the ball you could enjoy both so it's a little funny when you try to bash the other side for an issue that can be resolved easily whereas yours can't until AMD actually release the drivers.

Caporegime
OP
WHQL 353 is crashing occasionally as I play the Witcher 3. 352 was crashing as I used Chrome. I may go back to 350 as it's the last stable driver.

350.12 is 100% stable for me newer ones both crash ingame or on desktop. Will retry them without chrome if i get time as normally chrome lives open on my desktop

I held back installing based on feedback here but then couldn't stop wondering if I could improve performance in GTA so I went for the latest drivers.

They have been absolutely fine for me so far no crashes whatsoever in Chrome. I did have a display driver crash in GTA but found out is actually caused by MSI AB performance stat overlay or Fraps. Since that has been disabled no probs.

Another MSI AB + Nvidia issue?

Caporegime
Weird how some are having no TDR events...

Guess I'm pro :p. I actually believe that if some ran MemtestPro they might have a shock.

I tested my memory just the other week and it was fine.

I don't think memory is to blame when multiple sets of drivers have worked flawlessly then all of a sudden a couple of new batches throw up errors for thousands of users.

nVidia are to blame here, end of.

Soldato
I had none with a 560, none with a 660, none with a 970, none with a 980GTX until I used the 353.06 and 353.12 :mad:

Yeah 353.06 is the first time I had a freeze in Firefox. The Game Ready driver 352.86 is perfect on my machine. I didn't even bother with the hotfix driver.

I have a feeling it might be changes they've made to power delivery for Windows 10. Be interested to know if anyone on W10 is getting any similar problems.

Just checked with my brother who's got an i5 system with 980GTX, no issues at all on 352.86, his system is completely stock (W8.1)

Back
Top Bottom