• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Associate
I am also having display issues.

Installed a 980 and updated to latest drivers. 1st time boot it went blue screen!

Then second boot and onwards is fine now.

When browseing and closing programs or a window causes the window to tab to freeze and i cant click on it, have to wait a couple of seconds before it responds.

When gaming it sometimes kicks me into windows desktop.

Caporegime
OP
Well no driver has stopped responding or The Witcher 3 crashes today, so I'm staying on these drivers and the msi afterburner tweaks I did

Caporegime
The threads over on the GeForce forums regarding these recent issues are a joke, people making troll accounts just to post utter turd. Makes this place seem fairly relaxed, although I'm sure if that behaviour could go unmoderated some would do the same.

Soldato
I feel sorry for the moderators there and the codeys alike, but only because of the amount of crap they have to shift through in order to get meaningful consumer feedback. The mods here don't really deserve that admiration lol :D

Soldato
So far so good having rolled back to 350.12. The latest ones were giving me crashes every hour or so with some hard crashes thrown in for good measure.

Associate
Been having this "driver stopped working" for a bit now.

Happened on my GTX 970 and now on a GTX 980, always seems to be while in Chrome and especially for me when watching Twitch. Drivers 350.12 were the last stable ones for me, all since then crash under the same circumstances.

Could there be a link with Chrome? I noticed a lot of people mention "while in Chrome" or is it happening with other browsers?

I uninstalled MSI Afterburner last night though and no crashes since then, so I'm keeping a eye on it.

Soldato
Just had ny first D3D crash in GTA for a week on start up (modest OC of 1500) and the reason???

L3xwKtG.jpg

I had turned off shadow play and my GPU voltage fell below 1 volt with the card power saving........

Caporegime
OP
If you get Witcher 3 crashes, it may not just be your drivers :p

It can be the game

qycmef.jpg

Soldato
For me the 353's have been little better than the 352's but the 350's seem to be the most stable for my Windows 8.1 x64 and 980GTX install...

.....like with my 352 issues I have posted over at the NVidia forums driver thread.

I have kept with the 353's for now as the above occurred when using Chrome and it only seemed to happen when using that browser to download from the Mega website, using their extension as it was a large file. Not sure if it would happen when using other sites or more normal use as I use FF as my main browser.

I notice that AB has been updated to something like 4.1.1

Back
Top Bottom